Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Equipment Pad

Posted by doyline (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 7:20

I am one step behind my PB on everything it seems. The pad was suppose to be outside the fence,(which isn't installed yet)but they put it 2 feet closer to the pool than planned. So my option is to put it inside the fence and landscape around it, or put the fence about 3' from it, try to landscape, and leave enough room there to work on it. I guess my question is inside or outside the fence??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Equipment Pad

doyline,
Tell them to move it. This is something that should have been discussed before the plumbing was placed. Most PB's will stake the location or paint the location on the ground before installing. Good luck.

o

It was marked, until they graded dirt over it. The pad seemed in the right place until they plumbed and I realized all those pipes coming out of the ground on pool side makes me have alot less room for everything else. So its too late to move it. My question remains inside the fence or outside the fence?

o

Does your fence plan have a gate to access it easily if it is outside the fence? If not then you will have the expense of putting one in as I'm sure you won't want to walk around the house to turn a valve on/off, etc. Also, outside the fence has less security, not that means a whole lot, but sometimes neighbors teenagers like to play practical jokes.. If it is a privacy fence you may get some noise reduction if it is outside the fence.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here