Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Banana is in a pickle. PB's please help if you can...

Posted by banana_fanna (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 5:21

Please read my post about flex PVC.

I'm a scaredy cat. If I decide to tell my pb to replace flex with rigid, how big of a deal is this and am I going to set us back thousands? Mr. Banana is going to LOVE that. I'll feel terrible because he's let this be my baby all along and with all the web surfing I've done, you'd think I'd know about flex PVC. [Bangs head]

I'm on good terms with my builder, seems like a reasonable guy, but am I being over cautious or do I really need to tell him to start over? Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to my previous post

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Banana is in a pickle. PB's please help if you can...

For years I've admired pictures here of nice, straight, rigid PVC work. And I've got this. :-(
It's a mess, right?

Look at the conduit for the pool lights running over the top of the PVC. Other than it looking really wrong, what's the structural problem?

pipes

Anybody know what the lone piece of rigid sitting across the T-section is for? And what's the really thin one?

pipes

pipes
pipes

o

If this pipe is smooth it may not be sch 40 flex pipe. All the info is printed on the pipe. Schedule, Class, PSI rating, Usage. You might gather this info so you are clear what you have. I know they make a smooth wall (class 200 I think) pipe for irrigation that also comes in a roll. This is generally cheaper than 20' lengths of sch. 40 PVC.

It is somewhat flexible because it has a thinner wall than schdule 40 pipe. You will normally see ribs on flex pipe that I described in your original post.

o

When we were in the early stages of the pool process... our PB showed us a piece of flex pipe, and how termites attacked it, yada, yada, and they stated that they ONLY use rigid... the section of flex pipe he showed us was ribbed.... looks nothing like the pipe in your pictures.

o

Looks like flex to me. I seriously doubt they heat bent the runs in the last pic. Rigid pipe comes in 10 and 20 foot lenths. If you have a 25 foot straight run without fittings, it's flex.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here