Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenna1_gw

Pool cover

jenna1
10 years ago

I'm hoping that someone can help me. We bought and moved into our retirement home six months ago. It has a small pool and our problem is pulling the pool cover off and putting it back on.

We looked into buying a 'roller' (not sure what to call it, really) but the ones that we've seen are out of our price range. I decided to make one out of PVC but the only directions that I can find don't make sense to me nor are there any pictures (I'm a visual person).

I will be making it myself as my husband is disabled. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a website that has step-by-step directions and pictures. I'm 65 and have some physical limitations myself but know that I can do it. I'm getting older but don't consider myself 'old' yet. :)

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Jenna

Comments (4)

• randy427
    10 years ago

Is this a cover for the winter, or an in-season cover for between uses?

• jenna1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Randy, it's one of those blue bubble covers for in-season.

Even tho the temps here in our section of Arizona are very hot (we call it the YOWZER state of heat), the water cools off significantly at night. Therefore it's put it back on in the evening mainly to retain the warmth.

Jenna

• randy427
    10 years ago

How about this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: PoolCoverReel

• jenna1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Randy, THANK YOU!

It's perfect! I couldn't ask for better instructions and/or pix. I chuckled when I read "very basic fabrication skills" because that's me, altho I have worked with all the tools they call for. And even better, the pool that is shown in the instructions, with the exception of the spa, is basically what our pool looks like.

Several weeks ago I made a swim/beach towel rack from PVC (gotta love the stuff), painted it and looks ten times better than the ones I saw online, not to mention how much cheaper it was.

Thank you again! It's VERY much appreciated!!!!

Jenna