Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dpautz

New pool build started in SoCal, looking for tips

dpautz
11 years ago

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum for over a year now. We wanted to have a pool installed just after buying the house last year, but things didn't work out (settled for a 16x32 above ground for last summer). Over the winter I checked out a number of builders, tried to find as many reviews as possible and wen't with the builder that had some nice rock work / over all feel. It sure has been one of those bumpy rides so far, The demo / dig was about a month ago, it was quickly halted when they hit a 200 pair phone line cable (it was way out of easement). We have been waiting for the phone company to reroute, sadly this means we are qickly loosing the summer :( on the bright side its socal so we should be able to swim into Late September.

The build is now moving along again, first inspection is done and we are hoping to have the Gunite done next week, after that there is another delay, I was told the rock work guy / slide / waterfall person is out and when back it will be a 2 week project, then they can move on with the deck.

Now comes the hard part, picking all the colors, tile, coping, deck, rock work color and so on. I am also having a hard time with add on's, sadly once you start changing / adding more things on there never seems to be a stopping point. I had the main pump upgraded to VSD, lights to LED and bumped the computer system to the PDA 8 port, as they wanted to give the 4 port setup which would have been mostly used.

I am still suck on a few things to add on before the deck is done, I like the idea of the LED deck jets, but I was told they are stupid expensive. I am considering a few sleeves for volley ball nets, and perhaps umbrellas. I am pretty sure the deck will be done with pavers at this point with some openings for small planters and low voltage lighting. I had them leave a gas line in an area for a future BBQ. I hear some people say the fog machines are a nice addon, do many of you have them installed?

On to some photo's

a few shots of the yard before anything was done / the work was started.

Demo changes everything

Nothing like a phone trunk cable stoping things....

Rebar is now in

Comments (6)