Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
South Louisiana Pool and Outdoor Kitchen..Pics!

Posted by Nick_R (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 0:57

Hello,

I lurked the site for a while before taking the plunge and now its just about complete. Thought I would post some pics of the finished product!

Wet Edge Mediteranean Magic Plaster
Porcelain tile deck
400000 BTU Rheem heater
Easy Touch 8
7' Spa with glass mosaic tile
Cartridge Filters
Polaris 280

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: South Louisiana Pool and Outdoor Kitchen..Pics!

Pic 2

o

Pic 3

o

Pic 4

o

Pic 5

o

Pic 6

o

Pic 7

o

Pic 8

o

Pic 9

o

Pic 10

o

nice, very well done

o

Nick...Hello, fellow Louisianan.

Congrats on your new pool.

Very, very nice!

Love the landscape, outdoor kitchen, tiled hot tub, darker pool finish....all very classy and fitting for Louisiana.

Geaux Tigers!

o

Well that's dang near the best set up I have ever seen. Great job!

o

Congratulations! Everything looks great! Top notch on all the finishes. Looks like everyone is thoroughly enjoying the outcome in the last pic.

o

Thanks Everyone! We are thoroughly enjoying it this summer. I spend plenty of time in that hot tub watching TV in the evenings. Very relaxing!

GEAUX TIGERS!!

o

Beautifful, you have great taste. I have a couple of questions as I am in planning stages for an outdoor kitchen.

What is ballpark dollar wise for that kitchen space?

Any issues with weather related damage due to it being open? I live in the northeast and would need to seal it up for half the year.

o

Nick...yeah, we've been in our hot tub a lot also with all the rain this past week!

Nothing more relaxing than being in a hot tub while it's pouring rain.

Geaux Tigers!

o

When all was said and done, I ended up spending roughly 45K on the outdoor kitchen. That includes all cypress cabinets, granite countertops, bull stainless grill, side burner, stainless fridge, 46" samsung TV, stainless outdoor gas-woodburning fireplace, surround sound system, cypress ceilings, 18" fiberglass columns to name a few things. Only weather problem I have had so far is when I get a rain coming out of the west, it will get into the west side and wet my cabinets a little. I am currently trying to find some type of shade or curtain of some sort to install on that side of the kitchen to protect from the weather. Other than that, everything else has been safe from the weather so far. I keep the TV enclosed over the fireplace inside the cypress cabinet.

Nick

o

Nick, LOVE Love Love your outdoor getaway. Its absolutely beautiful. Will you please tell me brand and color of your glass mosaic tile and also your waterline tile. Oh, and one more thing...Love the pool loungers! Where did you find these?

Thanks
Tammy

o

Beautiful!

o

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Tammy,

The glass mosaic tile is Oceanscapes Blackies. The waterline tile is Verona Boticas green VR680. The loungers came from Home Depot online. We love them.

Nick

o

Thanks for the info Nick!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here