Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nick_r_gw

South Louisiana Pool and Outdoor Kitchen..Pics!

Nick_R
11 years ago

Hello,

I lurked the site for a while before taking the plunge and now its just about complete. Thought I would post some pics of the finished product!

Wet Edge Mediteranean Magic Plaster

Porcelain tile deck

400000 BTU Rheem heater

Easy Touch 8

7' Spa with glass mosaic tile

Cartridge Filters

Polaris 280

Comments (21)

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 2

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 3

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 4

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 6

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 7

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 8

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 9

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pic 10

• MyFirstPool
    11 years ago

nice, very well done

• trhought
    11 years ago

Nick...Hello, fellow Louisianan.

Congrats on your new pool.

Very, very nice!

Love the landscape, outdoor kitchen, tiled hot tub, darker pool finish....all very classy and fitting for Louisiana.

Geaux Tigers!

• paradigmdawg
    11 years ago

Well that's dang near the best set up I have ever seen. Great job!

• David Felker
    11 years ago

Congratulations! Everything looks great! Top notch on all the finishes. Looks like everyone is thoroughly enjoying the outcome in the last pic.

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Everyone! We are thoroughly enjoying it this summer. I spend plenty of time in that hot tub watching TV in the evenings. Very relaxing!

GEAUX TIGERS!!

• apdnj
    11 years ago

Beautifful, you have great taste. I have a couple of questions as I am in planning stages for an outdoor kitchen.

What is ballpark dollar wise for that kitchen space?

Any issues with weather related damage due to it being open? I live in the northeast and would need to seal it up for half the year.

• trhought
    11 years ago

Nick...yeah, we've been in our hot tub a lot also with all the rain this past week!

Nothing more relaxing than being in a hot tub while it's pouring rain.

Geaux Tigers!

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

When all was said and done, I ended up spending roughly 45K on the outdoor kitchen. That includes all cypress cabinets, granite countertops, bull stainless grill, side burner, stainless fridge, 46" samsung TV, stainless outdoor gas-woodburning fireplace, surround sound system, cypress ceilings, 18" fiberglass columns to name a few things. Only weather problem I have had so far is when I get a rain coming out of the west, it will get into the west side and wet my cabinets a little. I am currently trying to find some type of shade or curtain of some sort to install on that side of the kitchen to protect from the weather. Other than that, everything else has been safe from the weather so far. I keep the TV enclosed over the fireplace inside the cypress cabinet.

Nick

• BobcatMom
    11 years ago

Nick, LOVE Love Love your outdoor getaway. Its absolutely beautiful. Will you please tell me brand and color of your glass mosaic tile and also your waterline tile. Oh, and one more thing...Love the pool loungers! Where did you find these?

Thanks
    Tammy

• texasnurse
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• Nick_R
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Tammy,

The glass mosaic tile is Oceanscapes Blackies. The waterline tile is Verona Boticas green VR680. The loungers came from Home Depot online. We love them.

Nick

• BobcatMom
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info Nick!

• afaris1
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

What color grout did you use with the Verona tile?