Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Submersible chair??

Posted by stupid48 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 0:27

Hi there,

We are almost finished our new pool. We did a web deck (baja shelf) which will contain 9" of water. Now, we are looking for low chaise chairs that we can put in the wet deck but can't seem to find them. Obviously, they would need to be plastic resin or aluminum (with aluminum screws). Does any one know where we could find such a thing?

Thanks, Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Submersible chair??

I would think that the plastic adirondack type chairs would work nicely. You can get them about anywhere...Target, Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes, among others.

o

I would think the plastic adirondack would work also but most of them have seats that are way too far out the water. It would be preferable to have a seat that is under 9" in height...

o

Does anyone know if the plastic adirondacks will float in 6-9" of water? Assuming there isn't a butt in it?

o

Here is what ya need!

http://www.aquasupercenter.com/products/Pool-Party-The-Raft-36%22-Depth-Floating-Table-and-4-Chairs-w/-7.5%27-Umbrella~36762.html?CAWELAID=327060473

o

Did anyone ever find lounge chairs that work in a tanning ledge/shelf? Saw this post and I haven't had any luck yet. Can you get the adirondack chairs as lounge chairs? Haven't seen them at Lowes, etc....

o

I was looking all over for some and stumbled across some nice looking plastic adirondack chairs at Home Depot. They came in a few colors and were $14. They sit nicely on our baja shelf which is 18", about 6" of the chair is underwater so these may work for your shelf. I wanted plastic vs metal and they have been a great find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here