Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dawgbonez

Heat Pump Cooling in the South

dawgbonez
9 years ago

I live just north of New Orleans, LA.
And during the Summer, we get common temps around 96-98F with average 80-90% humidity...

My parents built a pool with misters, but I've learned from that, that here(high humidity), that does very little to cool a pool.

So I went for a heat pump that could not only heat, but could cool...As my setup stands, I have to run my pump from sunrise to sunset, and with that, so does my heat pump... In the midst of Summer, it has a hard time maintaining 91F.... Really racks up my electric bill...

I'm replacing a dieing/junky 2HP main pump with an Intelliflo VF... I'm also going to try ridding of manual timers with a ZWave setup(PE653)... In hopes that I can run at night(every other hour schedule), and keep the pool at a decent tempSo I guess to round out my questions...
By slowing down GPM/flow, would it make my heat pump more efficient? In means that it can chill the water more when it's moving slower through my heat pump?

Does slowing down "movement" negate the efficiency of my heat pump, as the sun will just heat it back up(become stagnant)... Versus allot of water movement/turn over?

Should I spend more time chilling the water during night time to help the heat pump during the day time? If so, what kind of GPM should I shoot for at night?

I understand that there isn't a perfect answer to any of my questions... but any opinions/thoughts are greatly appreciated...