Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
copper in water

Posted by michelle16 (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 22:18

I went to have my water tested for metals, because I noticed some rusty brown color on my boulders that I didn't have last year. He said I have some copper in the water. It came right off with the stain away stuff for metals that I usually use once a week. This timw though he said pour the whole bottle in, then backwash. What do u think it;s from, do u think the natural rocks give off copper? Iv'e read it could be from the winter algicide that the pool people put in? hope it's not a problem in the future, I wouldn't want the plaster to stain, for now it was only on the rock, but he says it was in the water as well. I do get alot of white scale on the tiles as well, even though I use the stain and scale remover weekly. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: copper in water

michelle16,
Most algicides have copper in them. You should have your source water checked to eliminate it as the copper source. But, most likely the algicide is the contributing factor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here