Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martakeith

Help needed with my Jandy PDA-8 and Pentair 5g Color Lights??

MPK 09
12 years ago

Well, it's official - water is in and I'm just getting up to speed. The service company that our PB recommends came out to start us up this morning and I'm reading through the PDA manual now. Problem is, while there is an option for colored lights on the PDA, the only choices are:

1. Jandy Colors

2. Jandy LED Light

3. SAM/SAL Light

4. Color Logic

since my Pentair Intelibrite 5gs are not listed, does this mean I cannot change colors with the PDA?? I'm sure my PB told me there would be no problem with the interface when I inquired last fall. Has anyone else encountered this? Any pros on the board that can help? Thanks very much in advance! Marta

Comments (8)

• jerseypool
    12 years ago

I'll take this one... I was kinda in the same boat. We've got a PDA-P4 and wanted the Jandy LED lights, as listed in the PDA manual, but our PB was concerned with leaking with a fiberglass pool, and we agreed and went with SAVI lights instead. I had forgotten about the PDA actually listing the color choices, but were assured that we would, indeed, be able to turn on the LED's with the PDA, and toggle through the color choices by turning the lights off and on.

Sure enough, when everything was installed, the SAVI's worked perfectly. I'm not able to see the color names, but to be honest, that screen is kinda buried deep in the PDA anyways, so I went ahead and made the #2 key on the remote the lighting key.

When we want them on, we just press #2 on the remote (#1 is the pump). When we want to change colors, we toggle the #2 key, and go through the different color features... Neat, but we usually leave it on the slow color changing feature. Love the LED's (and the remote!!) Hope this helps!

• MPK 09
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks Jerseypool! Well, I tried it last night (except my hot keys are already spoken for with the pool and spa) and the lights wouldn't change when I turned them on/off/on again. Are SAVI lights the same as Intelibrites? I know that the SAM/SAL pentairs are supported, but it doesn't seem as if the 5gs are. Anyone else have any experience? Thanks, Marta

• jerseypool
    12 years ago

The SAVI's are made to fit into a normal 1 1/2" return fitting, thus (hopefully) eliminating any leakage that may occur in the future.... they're not the same make as the Intellibrites.

What color do they stay on as? I think all LED lighting will stay a pure white for the first 15 seconds, as a safety feature to see if anything's in the pool, before they click over to the last-used color in the memory.

• MPK 09
    Original Author
    12 years ago

aha, that's interesting, I didn't know about the 15 second delay (though I think I've given it longer). They stay on white.

• MPK 09
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jerseypool, thank you!! It worked, I waited for the 15 second delay and then off/on'd the # of times in the pentair book and lo and behold, we have color! thanks so much for your help. Marta

• jerseypool
    12 years ago

That's awesome! Have a great summer!

• MPK 09
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, you too - so great that we'll be in our new pool!

• Elmwoodman
    10 years ago

Hello, I have a similar question. I installed 9 pentair Intellibrite LED lights last summer in my pool connected to 3 zones of my Jandy system. I was told they would work fine but now there seems to be conflicts. Some of the lights don't respond to the colors or sceens. Jandy says they should work and now Pentair says their lights only work with Pentair systems. $5K later i'm really frustrated.