Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gawebber_gw

Plano, TX Pool Build - New Pics!

gawebber
13 years ago

Coping and stone done. Equipment going in tomorrow. Deck on Tuesday.

Comments (20)

• nypoolnovice
    13 years ago

it looks beautiful - very elegant - congratulations.

• gaylek
    13 years ago

Looks wonderful! I agree....elegant! Well done! Look forward to seeing the water in it!

• martmo
    13 years ago

Nice masonary work. You are lucky to have a good mason.

I like the coping especially the edge treatment. Is that what they call "chiseled"? Do they cut the stone, then chip with hammer?

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, I'm looking forward to completion also. We can't wait to swim.

The coping is Lueder's limestone from west Texas. It comes with a "chipped edge." But in certain cases the masons did have to chip a stone themselves depending on how they cut it.

• lascatx
    13 years ago

Gawebber, love the limestone. I looked for an earlier thread but didn't find any mention of your equipment plans. What kind of sanitizing are you going to be using?

We were thinking we would be switching to salt generated chlorine when we replaster, but we decided to consider replacing our red brick coping. Limestone would be a favorite, but I'm told it isn't good with salt. That brought up ozone -- which seems disfavored here. Then I hear UV is not good but corona discharge is better -- except it has problems with damp climates like ours (folks selling the systems didn't mention that). That puts me back looking at salt -- but I still love Texas limestone. I'm wondering if you are going with a traditional chlorinator or are hearing different things than I am.

I notice a corner of a red brick house too. Ours is red brick and I've had a hard time picturing the lighter coping and deck with the red brick and columns. Feel free to post some wider pictures showing that red brick. ;-)

Looking good!

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lascatx,

Thanks, I love the limestone look too. I'll post some pictures later this week of the travertine deck, should be awesome!

Every homeowner told me to go with saltwater generated and every pool builder told me to go with traditional chlorine.

I would have gone with salt but was spooked by what I heard and read about its affect on natural stone over time. and we have a lot of it,

So we went with traditional chlorine sanitizing. No ozone, no UV, no corona, nothing. Just the way people have been sanitizing pools forever.

I think if you keep your chemicals balanced you shouldn't have any problem. You can always add salt later down the road.

I'll try and post some wider pictures but trust me while stone goes great with the red brick, you won't have any regrets.

• lascatx
    13 years ago

I am hearing the favor on salt fading here too. And anything you hear about ozone is black or white. I'd like to have something that is more constant during the summer rather than the peaks and valleys we get with chlorine. That's my biggest issue with it. We have a small pool and it appears that, like a smaller aquarium, it is much easier to get swings in the water chemistry.

You are building a pool with choices I would make if I were starting from scratch. Limestone and travertine sound lovely -- but I have pea gravel all the way up to the step up back porch and back doors. Even if we tore out the deck, I'm not sure how we would deal with that, and I'm not sure I want to go through that much mess and expense. Doing is one thing, redoing is another.

Look forward to your new pictures.

• mikemendoza
    13 years ago

That's a beutiful pool you got there. Do you have any updated pitures?

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, I have new pics but have gotten behind in posting them. I'll post tonight!!! We're ready for plaster but I want to get the landscaping and sprinkler re-route done first. Should be filling with water in about two weeks, we can't wait!!! Look for updated pics tonight.

• edie_tn
    13 years ago

Can you tell me where your waterline tile came from? I am on a continuous search for the perfect waterline tile for my pool and I am thinking 1x1 might work best for me... I like yours....

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. The tile is from Noble Tile Supply. It's Rainforest Lavender 1"

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are the latest pics with the travertine deck in and some of the pool equipment. Landscaping is tomorrow, and we hope to plaster early next week.

• typea
    13 years ago

Love the pavers. Are they dry set? Which color are these?

I'll be ordering mine next week and need to finalize Ivory or Ivory Swirl.

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They are just set on 4" of crushed rock and 1" of coarse sand, no mortar. I guess that's dry set.

They told me the color is walnut, some of the white is dust, they're kind of a light brown color.

I don't know what color your coping is but if it's white I'd go with a a darker color paver. Ivory may be too light.

• typea
    13 years ago

We are going with Noce travertine coping. The pool is raised out of the ground so the coping is 14" wide, bullnosed on each side and is a very dark brown.

• gawebber
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Should look great, good luck! I'm hoping to be adding water this time next week. I was shooting for the 4th but it didn't happen, oh well, we still have all summer.

• austin.sailor
    11 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but gawebber, if you happen to check in, I would really like to see some pictures of your pool after pebble sheen and completion!

• EJR_21
    11 years ago

We are about to sign to put a pool in our backyard (Tarrant County) with PebbleSheen. What did you discover after your Feb 21 post?

• asilbrn
    8 years ago

That is really beautiful!!! Are there any more pictures? What the pool looked like after the put the pool finish (but without the water)? And what about the pool when it is filled?

• beth1dawn
    6 years ago

Who built your pool and would you recommend them? Thanks!