Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broken Robotic Cleaner :(

Posted by bell376 (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 21:45

Hi,
When I turn on my robotic cleaner it stays on for about 20 seconds and than shuts off. Anyone ever have this problem? I'm really missing my cleaner...
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broken Robotic Cleaner :(

What kind of cleaner? How long have you had it? Was it giving you any problems leading up to it dying?

It sounds like your motor seized up.

o

It is a Blue Pearl. I've had it for 6 years and it's worked perfect up until now. If it's the motor I probably would be better off buying a new one. I think that part is very pricey.

o

I have a Blue Pearl too and the same thing happened to me. I bought a new motor for $350 or $400 (I can't remember the exact amount) but it ended up being cheaper than buying another cleaner. That was like 3 years ago and it's been rolling around with no problems ever since.

Take the bottom out of it and turn it on out of the water (I know they don't recommend doing). Try to move the big brushes and see if the motor moves at all. If the motor's not doing anything then it's probably done. You can call the company and they can troubleshoot with you but mine did the same thing. Green light for about 20 seconds then cut off.

Best of luck...

o

....if you have been using it for 6 years.... having problems is resonable.... why not just change a new one since the technology is getting better and better? Neato, Irobot, Mint and Amtidy are all good choices~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here