Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teachere_gw

New Concrete Coping Cracking and Other Issues - HELP!!

teachere
11 years ago

After 6 months, our pool is finally finished....Hooray-ish! My concrete coping looks awful!!! I'm not sure if this is something that I can get the pool builder to try and fix or if I will have to live with it until I can afford to get it fixed.

We used it for the first time this weekend and when the coping is wet, I realized that it has hairline cracks (and some larger) ALL around the pool. The coping was poured 4 months ago (in January)! It is supposed to be a dark brown color and is more of an ashy brown with leopard spots. Our pool builder says that the spots will go away (still curing after 4 months I guess), but the color is what it is. It isn't what we picked out but he just shrugged his shoulders and said that colored concreted is unpredictable. The cuts are huge, all the way through the coping and have some gouges and chips. Even with the huge cuts every 3 feet, we have tons of cracks. I think every section has at least one in the middle. Strangely, none of them appear to be near the cuts. My last complaint about the coping is the edge is very rough. The PB used a form but talked us into having him brush the edge to get rid of nail marks. He said this is typical. I really have no idea what to expect or what to expect from him.

This is our first pool. Does anyone have advice? Is heavy cracking normal? Is the PB responsible for fixing this?

Here are a few pics:

Comments (3)