Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ausman_gw

Speak up Pebble Fina owners...tell me what you think

ausman
16 years ago

Would love to hear your comments about and see pics of your Pebble Fina. I am guessing we are about a month away from plaster. We were ready to go with plain medium grey plaster but am now tossing around the idea of spending the extra $1900 to upgrade to Pebble Fina in the Grigio color.

thanks

Damien.

Comments (29)

• eimea
    16 years ago

Though I am not a fina owner... we originally signed with fina and upgraded two days before installation to sheen. BUT... if you are comparing plaster with fina, I would not hesitate to upgrade to fina. The overall feel is much smoother - and the longevity is much longer. Fina is made with a silica base that is much more durable and long lasting than plaster. My folks have replastered 3 times and going on a 4th time! With fina, it is suppose to last twice as long if not longer. I am sure a forum goer with fina will chime in... I say upgrade! After spending the money you are shelling out for a pool... what is another $1900?

• ausman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Eimea,

Thanks for the info. The claim of longer life (compared to modern plain plaster) is my main reason for contemplating the switch to Pebble Fina, plus I get a few nice little speckles!

ok, one vote for PF

Damien

• eimea
    16 years ago

Another forum goer, screen name 'willweeverbedone' aka Ralph, has fina, Bella Blue, I believe. I saw a recent post from him, so maybe he will chime in...

Ralph, you out there??

• arielitas_mom
    16 years ago

I'm the one with Bella Blue Pebblefina -- Ralph's got Acquos Pebblefina. At the risk of speaking for Ralph, I'd say that were are both *very* happy with our respective choices. The Bella Blue yields crisp, blue water, kind of like a slightly watered-down Windex shade. The Acquos yieds a more turquoise-like shade. Both are smooth and both have sparkly bits. Both should have significantly greater longevity than regular plaster. The Grigio yields more of a slate blue color. All are beautiful, IMHO.

$1,900 is not expensive at all for an upgrade. They charged me over $3K to upgrade from white plaster - colored plaster would have been only $600 more.

• ausman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The slate blue water color is what we are after thats why our original idea was to go with medium grey plaster. We took a look at the Fina samples today and you're right it is very smooth. Was a little dissapointed that the Grigio was not darker in color. Do you guys know if this product is delivered in premixed bags or was it mixed on site with seperate ingredients? Just wondering if the color or finish may differ from job to job.

Thanks,

Damien.

• willweeverbedone
    16 years ago

I saw a pool w/ the gregio...nice cool/slate blue color. I think it's a consistent mixture but not absolutely sure. It's a natural product so you will get mottling...not as much as w/ plaster but still some.

For me, the 3m would have been same price and I think this product is wayyyyy better. It's supposed to last a long time and is guaranteed for many years. It's also supposed to resist chemical imbalance issues better.

You can click on my username to get to my photo link if you like...you'll see some application pict's there.

Good luck...Ralph

• maxhouse
    16 years ago

We love ours, very smooth and easy to care for.

Bella Blue...

• ausman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks all for your comments and pics. We are now entertaining the idea of putting in 3m premium sandstone. A friend has it in their pool and since it is tan in color the water takes on a green look which I think I like. I will do some more research before deciding which product to use.

Damien

• busyredhed
    15 years ago

Our pool is only a few weeks old. We chose Pebble Fina Bella Blue.

• busyredhed
    15 years ago

In answer to your original question about mixing. It was mixed in with the plaster from separate bags onsite. I watched them do it. It as pretty cool.

• pool4kar
    13 years ago

Are any of you Pebble Fina owners having issues with grittiness on down the line? And how bad has the mottling gotten? I'm considering the Grigio Fina. Any comments would be appreciated.

• J_a_g_491631_gmail_com
    12 years ago

3 weeks and great. Filled it up with tanker truck water from the water company, 5 loads. Since it was drinking water-the only thing I had to do was bring the calcium up from about 80 to 230- about 30 pounds at 5 pounds a day. It raised the ph to about 8, but 4 pounds of acid, and everythings been perfect for the last two weeks. The finish is so smooth-- I miss scratching my back on the old plaster. Like the bella blue a lot, and poolside plastering was terrific.pool was 40 years old,had 1 replaster.fina will last afull 40!

• ShadDixon
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the fina colors, those who shared.

• jrins4
    8 years ago

We too are considering that same finish!! When you say significantly mottled (it's suppose to be? Right) is that a characteristic - for the cost I just want to make sure it looks like it's part of it and not a mistake! Can you post more pictures? I wish I could enlarge your picture! Did you see steel grey or Egyptian sands? Thank you!! I get a lot of sun and it's a large pool and hot tub very close to the house and I don't want a bright windex blue

• shop55
    7 years ago

Sorry jrins4 just came back and saw this, hope it is not too late! Here is a close up of the first step of the spa, so it is just a little below the surface of the water. The mottling is more visible here becasue it is close to the surface. Most of what I actually observe is from underwater while I am swimming laps. I would say by and large most of the mottling is not visible from the surface, or by a casual observer, but I do notice things, and even for me it doesn't bother me, but it is something that I do see. I saw steel grey but not Egyptian Sands. The grey pools I saw were too blah for me, kind of a dull, dead look. I like Grigio becasue it was more alive, but not a bright windex blue. It looks realistic to me of what a pool should look like, and not fake.

• Regina Haro
    5 years ago

We just got our pool done in blue surf pebble fina

• Kim R
    4 years ago

Regina i would love to see a photo

• lisadanielle067
    3 years ago

Regina! Photo?

• joshunfried
    2 years ago

Reginnnnaaaaa???!?!?!?

• joshunfried
    2 years ago

Jk : )

• ambiguous02
    2 years ago

Any ceilo blue fina pics?

• christyq27
    2 years ago

@ambiguous02 YESS!! Cielo blue has been my first choice, but my builder uses NPT product (stonescapes brand, not pebbletec) …but just found out from the owner we might be able to go with Cielo after all. I have a sample of the material but I would also love to see some finished pools! There are almost NO pics online of this color..and I been searching for almost a year. From what I’ve read, it’s a clear-light blue-green which is exactly what I want. Photo is of the sample shown wet with water.

• Ashley Berube
    2 years ago

Hi All, I see some posts from 10 yrs ago with people that went with the pebblefina vs Pebblesheen. Any regrets? We are thinking about doing the fina but also wondering if it has held up over the years and worth the 6k upgrade.

• maxineshell
    last year

I like Pebble Fina because it looks to me like a traditional plaster pool and I like a lot of the pool bllue colors. But the PB is saying it mottles and to get Sheen (all same price).

• Karen Antonioli Fahey
    last year

Has anyone seen Pebble Fina Fresca Verde? Am wondering if it is too green or that beautiful Acqua color I want?

• Amber Farmer
    last year

I didn't know PebbleFina Mottled. So I will go with sheen now. THANKS!!

• Michelle Miller
    last year

Anyone have pebblefina Sapphire galaxy?

• Fa Knapps
    10 months ago

Anyone here with pebblefina classico?