Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to replace diving board

Posted by memama_gayle (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 21:11

Our fiberglass(?)diving board cracked tonight. I have no idea what kind it is. It is 8 feet long; 17 inches wide. It is attached to the upside down U frame with 2 bolts that are 12 inches on center apart. It has a 2nd u frame nearer the pool that has a rubberized cover that the board just sits on. Please give me assistance on where to purchase and is this something my son-in-laws could do or will a pool company need to replace? Advice please. Thanks so much!
Here is a picture of the diving board when it was first installed (yes, it was not straight and still isn't)
[URL=http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1353684506033736294FvqfWI][IMG]http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/14/15/8/45/6/353684506FvqfWI_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to replace diving board

Hmm, let me guess. The board cracked on the right side, right?

How did the mason or PB not catch that front support was skewed because it is not as wide as the back?

The size you mentioned is common.

While my insurance doesn't cover working on diving boards, if it did, I would have refused to do it or to even sell it in this situation.

Can your SILs (multiple daughter Dad here too)? Likely with a mail order board.

Scott

o
RE: Need to replace diving board

Thanks Scott. Actually, it has a crack on both sides. Will see if I can find a replacement on line. If anyone has a suggestion for a site please email me. gkabes@yahoo.com Thanks so much!

The builder of this pool is a thorn in the side of quality pool builders and in mine! I filed a complaint with the attorney general's office about this guy. The attorney general's office also had difficulty getting him to respond! They recommended to me to sue. Lawyer said it would cost more than pool. I have a letter (not worth the paper it was written on) from the pool company's lawyer that they would fix the things that were wrong with my pool. Couldn't get the pool company to come back or even talk with me after that. Bad experience...and now 7 years later I still deal with their poor construction!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here