Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathy404593

pool contractor hit gasline

cathy404593
9 years ago

Last week my pool contractor hit an old gasline in my backyard when they ran over it with their backhoe. They smelled gas, and then immediately shut it off at the side of the house. Now it's been four days and they still have not turned it on. They said they would today but I called and they said again would be here soon, and are not.

So I have no hot water.

They never marked the gas line, although they knew about it and it was obvious where it was, because the old gasline pipe was sticking up from the ground when they ran over it. It is from an old pool heater that was there many years ago.

They did get the build permits for the pool and my yard that they had to destroy part of to get to the pool.

They are still working on my pool build, and have done over half the work already.

If they don't turn the gas on soon, what recourse do I have? Did they not break the law by not getting it turned off before rolling over it?

They said it might be the pilot light and they would be by to fix it. I am sure they are busy but it seems really shoddy to keep my gas turned off for 4 -5 days.

This post was edited by cathy404593 on Mon, May 12, 14 at 20:28