Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plastering - best time of day?

Posted by fav306 (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 20:13

hi!!
i'm hearing so many mixed messages on the best time to plaster. can someone ease my mind and give me their thoughts? i have a beautiful 74 degree day coming up with 0 percent of preceip - i live in PA. can the plaster guy come any time during the day as long as he has light?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plastering - best time of day?

First thing in the morning you should begin to plaster. If it will be hot later then great, if it will be cool then add calcium to the mix to set it up faster. For 20 years if I did not have the mortar mixers spinning with plaster by 7:01 a.m I would have old italian men screaming at me from every angle until the first batch was out. I cant imagine doing a plaster at any other time of day. Hairline cracking of the plaster is a real conern if you let the heat of the sun get on it while you are still putting it up the walls.

o
RE: plastering - best time of day?

The plaster guys on my build showed up before daylight, 6am had everything ready once it was light,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here