Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
btaylor001_gw

Virginia Pool Builder- Please help!

btaylor001
10 years ago

Hi-
We are in the very beginning stages of planning for an inground pool here in Rappahanock County, Virginia.

We are meeting with Town and Country Pools and NVblu in the next weeks. We have done alot of research on pool types- and have narrowed it down to a Fiberglass pool or a gunite pool. The Fiberglass pool sounds great simply because of the fact that the material doesnt get corroded by chemicals. We are hoping to do the salt water system... We however do want a very large pool as we have a large extended family and entertain alot.

No Diving board but since we have two young boys, think we want something pretty deep in case they cannonball and/or do a standing dive...Does anyone have advice on the VERY largest size of the FBglass pool... Any pool builders in Northern VA or Virginia that you can highly recommend??

Thank you very much!

Comments (18)

• alysenlynn
    10 years ago

I don't live in that area but in doing my research for our pool Marcus Sheridan of River Pools reached out and spent a lot of time helping us even though he wouldn't be our builder. I respect that and if they could build in our state I'd use them in a hot minute.

I came to find this company after deciding that I wanted a lesiure pool due to the gel coating and color options. They do have some larger options but fiberglass will always be smaller then gunite.

Here is a link that might be useful: River Pools and Spas

• dcdz
    10 years ago

I do live in the area and currently having a gunite pool built. This might be a little late but we are using Jesse Procter from Manasses. Your more then welcome to come out and see his work.

• andi_k
    10 years ago

We are getting quotes from several, but are also leaning toward Jesse Proctor. He did several of our friends pools and they were very happy with him.

dcdz - how's the build going?

• dcdz
    10 years ago

Laying rebar today, with a little luck may shoot shotcrete Friday. It's a good size pool and took a little time digging it

• btaylor001
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dcdz,

We just spoke w Jesse today! We live in Amissville VA... is it possible for us to come out and take a look at the pool? We meet with him this Tuesday afternoon July 16th...

The Taylors

• jennpitts
    8 years ago

I know these comments are a couple years old ... but I am talking with Jesse Proctor about a pool. Are all of you satisfied with the final results??

Thank You!!

• Jayson Jean
    5 years ago
    Hello. We just met with Jesse this week and he is supposed to be getting us a quote this weekend. For those of you that had your pools built by him, which has been a few years now, was wondering if you are still happy with your decision and whether you have faced any issues over the time you have had the pool? Did Jesse provide a warranty? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • andi_k
    5 years ago
    We haven't had any issues at all! Very happy with the pool and the work.
  • Joaquin Torres
    5 years ago

Anyone who wemt with Jesse Proctor.. are you willing tto share pics? We are going with him too and would love to see pics.

• andi_k
    5 years ago

Not sure if these are helpful...it's all I have on my phone. I can look for more.

• Joaquin Torres
    5 years ago

Thanks - that slide.. did Jesse do that or was it the landscaper. Also, what slide is that and can you email me what you paid for the slide? Looking at sr smith. Jtorres29 at gee

• elcs2
    3 years ago

@andy_k gorgeous pool! I know this post is old, but did Jesse do the slide and decking too? I'm in the process of asking him to come out for an estimate. Thanks!

• andi_k
    3 years ago

We ordered the slide from Paradise Slides. and we had Randy Johnson of Dogwood Builders install decking and slide.

• elcs2
    3 years ago

@andi_k Thanks for the info! We have used Dogwood Builders in the past but didn't know they installed pool slides. Thanks again!

• andi_k
    3 years ago

@elcs2 Randy can do anything! I had him build me a huge concrete bar in the pool house. He loved me for it..not really...haha....but he did a fantastic job! We've had excellent experience with Dogwood on several projects.

• Hiep Dao
    3 years ago

Liking at Jesse for pool in northern VA....would you guys share about how much it was for the build and how long it took?

• dblmnt1x
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Does anyone have Jesse's contact info they can share please? Hope you guys are still happy with his work! Thanks in advance! @andi_k @Jayson Jean @jennpitts