Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Virginia Pool Builder- Please help!

Posted by btaylor001 (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 20:08

Hi-
We are in the very beginning stages of planning for an inground pool here in Rappahanock County, Virginia.

We are meeting with Town and Country Pools and NVblu in the next weeks. We have done alot of research on pool types- and have narrowed it down to a Fiberglass pool or a gunite pool. The Fiberglass pool sounds great simply because of the fact that the material doesnt get corroded by chemicals. We are hoping to do the salt water system... We however do want a very large pool as we have a large extended family and entertain alot.

No Diving board but since we have two young boys, think we want something pretty deep in case they cannonball and/or do a standing dive...Does anyone have advice on the VERY largest size of the FBglass pool... Any pool builders in Northern VA or Virginia that you can highly recommend??

Thank you very much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Virginia Pool Builder- Please help!

I don't live in that area but in doing my research for our pool Marcus Sheridan of River Pools reached out and spent a lot of time helping us even though he wouldn't be our builder. I respect that and if they could build in our state I'd use them in a hot minute.

I came to find this company after deciding that I wanted a lesiure pool due to the gel coating and color options. They do have some larger options but fiberglass will always be smaller then gunite.

Here is a link that might be useful: River Pools and Spas

o

I do live in the area and currently having a gunite pool built. This might be a little late but we are using Jesse Procter from Manasses. Your more then welcome to come out and see his work.

o

We are getting quotes from several, but are also leaning toward Jesse Proctor. He did several of our friends pools and they were very happy with him.

dcdz - how's the build going?

o

Laying rebar today, with a little luck may shoot shotcrete Friday. It's a good size pool and took a little time digging it

o

dcdz,

We just spoke w Jesse today! We live in Amissville VA... is it possible for us to come out and take a look at the pool? We meet with him this Tuesday afternoon July 16th...

The Taylors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here