Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long before first Swim

Posted by texasdad (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 20:06

My kids (and I'm really just a big kid) are super excited for our pool to get finished and start swimming.

The sales guy told us that the pool would be finished in mid-april unless there were big weather delays. The contract has a guaranteed completion date of May 7th (but the contract has no penalty for missing that date).

We are scheduled for Plaster tomorrow morning as long as it isn't raining. Right now the forecast has rain tomorrow afternoon evening.

It should take somewhere around 24 hours to fill it with the garden hose (13k gallons?)? Can the kids get in after it is full, or does it take a while to get everything chemically set up right?

We are ready to swim!

PS: We have been very happy with our pb and the quality of all work done. My only complaint has been with scheduling and the time-line.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long before first Swim

We were told we could get in as soon as it was filled, but the plaster instructions and warranty info said to wait until the chlorine and pH were balanced. That took about a week for us.

o

I dont let my clients in for a week.
Get the water balanced, let the finish cure, let the plaster dust settle down, filter backwashed, etc.

Also, dont walk in the pool while its filling. Oils on your feet can stain fresh plaster. So keep the little darlin's at bay for a few more days.

o

I jumped in mine the second it was filled at 5 in the morning. 2 years later and everything is good and you can hardly get me out of the pool.

o

Rain all day today means no plaster.......... maybe tomorrow.

o

I will tell ya what my plaster el master o fantastico told me.
(Yeah he was the mexican hefe of 30 years, and told me he was illegal, lol go figure, love Texas.)

"Yo, keep the bambinos out for all night, then tomorrow, party."

Worked purty well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here