Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool Build Massachusetts

Posted by cambridgefarms (My Page) on
Sun, May 26, 13 at 20:04

Here are some pics from our build in Boston suburbs. 28,000 gal, 3' - 8', 8 ton waterfall, 7 ft diameter spa, in floor cleaner + polaris 280, 1,000 sq feet of champlain grey/slate grey techo block (thanks cnr1089), dive rock, midnight blue pebble tech. hope to get this wrapped up in july.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool Build Massachusetts

it looks i need to add one pic at at a time....

o

deep end

o

equipment

o

equipment

o

swimout area and spa

o

dive rock

o

water fall in progress

o

Very Nice Build, I am in Western MA and thinking about putting one in next year. Mind sharing about how much this cost?

o

Including the cost of about 1100 sq ft of techo bloc (blu 60) pavers, about 75k.

o

Wow I expected it to be more. I was set on Steel or Polymer due to the Cold up here, but I might look into this option also.

It looks outstanding, very well done.

o

Very nice. I know you will enjoy it. How many months will you be able to enjoy the pool each year?

o

another pic of the equipment. Aqualogic board and receiver for PS8 PDA is on the right.

Gammiesquiltes: we plan to keep our pool open from memorial day through september.

o

Coping is nearly done, waterline tile to be done tomorrow or Tuesday...

o

dive rock with coping

o

Waterline tile is in!

o

another view....

o

Finished! Just needs landscaping....

o

Looks beautiful! Hope you're getting to enjoy it in this hot weather.

I think we chose the same waterline tile...love it.

o

That is Outstanding, Love It!!!

Congrats!!!

o

Your pool came out great. I love the shape of the deck and the pool! It is nice you were able to also put in a spa.

I am sure you are now enjoying it -- I am in NH, so I know the weather has been hot!

o

Thanks! This website was so helpful, I felt I should post the results. We are very happy with the pool and in this heatwave it has been a popular place!

o

Love the pool! Looks great!

o

Just curious I spent half the day today with a Gunite Company, they highly recommend the In Floor cleaning system, every pool they took me to had it.

They did say there are a regualr system and an advanced system that has its own pump, do you have a separate Pump? Also how are you liking the Gunite so far??

I love your pool, it is one that has me looking at Gunite now.

o

I have the Paramount PV3 system. There are 10 heads along the floor of the pool. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the in floor system- we have a Polaris 280 which does most of the cleaning, I think the main benefit of the in floor system is to circulate heated water more evenly. If I had to do it again, I'm not sure I'd get it. I've heard it makes winterizing more costly and of course it provides more potential points of failure. Our in floor set up does not have a sep pump....it uses the 1.5 hp pump for the pool.

So far we have been very happy with our build. Hope this helps!

o

That helps a lot, thank you!!!

Again stunning pool, can not wait to see what you do with the Landscaping.

o

cambridgefarms, would you by chance be willing to share some of your quotes? Just thought I would ask :)

o

Our quotes ranged from 75k - 110k. Included 1000 sq ft techo bloc pavers. Fence and water fall were extra.

o

Love your pool! Do you mind sharing what your waterline tile is called and the manufacturer? I am trying to pick mine now and love how yours looks!

o

thanks Jenspence-- if you google CT AZ 606a, you will find it. let me know if you would like more close ups of it!

good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here