Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cambridgefarms

New Pool Build Massachusetts

cambridgefarms
10 years ago

Here are some pics from our build in Boston suburbs. 28,000 gal, 3' - 8', 8 ton waterfall, 7 ft diameter spa, in floor cleaner + polaris 280, 1,000 sq feet of champlain grey/slate grey techo block (thanks cnr1089), dive rock, midnight blue pebble tech. hope to get this wrapped up in july.

Comments (30)

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

it looks i need to add one pic at at a time....

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

deep end

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

equipment

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

equipment

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

swimout area and spa

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dive rock

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

water fall in progress

• Carnut12
    10 years ago

Very Nice Build, I am in Western MA and thinking about putting one in next year. Mind sharing about how much this cost?

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Including the cost of about 1100 sq ft of techo bloc (blu 60) pavers, about 75k.

• Carnut12
    10 years ago

Wow I expected it to be more. I was set on Steel or Polymer due to the Cold up here, but I might look into this option also.

It looks outstanding, very well done.

• gammiesquiltes
    10 years ago

Very nice. I know you will enjoy it. How many months will you be able to enjoy the pool each year?

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another pic of the equipment. Aqualogic board and receiver for PS8 PDA is on the right.

Gammiesquiltes: we plan to keep our pool open from memorial day through september.

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Coping is nearly done, waterline tile to be done tomorrow or Tuesday...

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dive rock with coping

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Waterline tile is in!

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another view....

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finished! Just needs landscaping....

• hockyruls
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful! Hope you're getting to enjoy it in this hot weather.

I think we chose the same waterline tile...love it.

• NH_pool
    10 years ago

Your pool came out great. I love the shape of the deck and the pool! It is nice you were able to also put in a spa.

I am sure you are now enjoying it -- I am in NH, so I know the weather has been hot!

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! This website was so helpful, I felt I should post the results. We are very happy with the pool and in this heatwave it has been a popular place!

• cnr1089
    10 years ago

Love the pool! Looks great!

• Carnut12
    10 years ago

Just curious I spent half the day today with a Gunite Company, they highly recommend the In Floor cleaning system, every pool they took me to had it.

They did say there are a regualr system and an advanced system that has its own pump, do you have a separate Pump? Also how are you liking the Gunite so far??

I love your pool, it is one that has me looking at Gunite now.

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have the Paramount PV3 system. There are 10 heads along the floor of the pool. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the in floor system- we have a Polaris 280 which does most of the cleaning, I think the main benefit of the in floor system is to circulate heated water more evenly. If I had to do it again, I'm not sure I'd get it. I've heard it makes winterizing more costly and of course it provides more potential points of failure. Our in floor set up does not have a sep pump....it uses the 1.5 hp pump for the pool.

So far we have been very happy with our build. Hope this helps!

• Carnut12
    10 years ago

That helps a lot, thank you!!!

Again stunning pool, can not wait to see what you do with the Landscaping.

• erikamc
    10 years ago

cambridgefarms, would you by chance be willing to share some of your quotes? Just thought I would ask :)

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Our quotes ranged from 75k - 110k. Included 1000 sq ft techo bloc pavers. Fence and water fall were extra.

• jenspence
    10 years ago

Love your pool! Do you mind sharing what your waterline tile is called and the manufacturer? I am trying to pick mine now and love how yours looks!

• cambridgefarms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks Jenspence-- if you google CT AZ 606a, you will find it. let me know if you would like more close ups of it!

good luck!

• a165fun
    6 years ago
    Hi Cambridge, do you remember how they mixed the colors? Did they only use the pebbles from one of the colors?