Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pd2911_gw

Gunite Newbie :)

PD2911
11 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I found this site last night and spent hours reading posts and looking at pics. This is a great forum and filled with information. As my subject states I am new to the gunite pool. We had a pool installed in the early 90s but it was vinyl, I was not really involved other than choosing the liner. I have decided to do a small pool and am going with gunite. I have been researching online b/c I knew nothing about gunite. I am realizing as I read in this forum there are some decisions I will need to make so please help! :)

The pool is a free form that I have designed myself to fit the space. The size is 20'x15'X4' with SPA. This is totally a social pool, it is as much about the water features and LED lighting for me as it is enjoying being in the pool. It will be located right next to the sunroom which has floor to ceiling windows 9' tall. I was told by Blue Haven Pools(they are not my PB) when I spoke with their local rep that having a Diamond Brite finish would make the surface smoother, since it is only 4' deep the feel to our feet will be much more important. Is that true about the Diamond Brite? I also would like Laminar Jets with LED lights and a color changing LED pool light. At the end of the pool will be a curved 5' stacked stone wall and I would like a simple waterfall feature. So given those specs what color Diamond Brite quartz color do you suggest ? Also I have not been given a price on the Laminar Jets could anyone please give me price info? ANY suggestions on other aspects of the pool would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sorry for the long post :(.

Comments (2)