Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy Touch 4 remote newbie question...

Posted by nlion (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 19:23

We just had the Easy Touch 4 installed. We only have a pool, no spa. In reading the manual, I don't see the answer to this (very basic) question. In looking at the pool temp, the remote displays two temps, for instance 79/81 degrees. What is the first temp and the second temp referring to? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy Touch 4 remote newbie question...

Another basic question...the N (narrow) and the W (wide) setting...it's factory preset to wide. Can we stand in front of the light and hold the lens and twist it to have the N at 12 o'clock? I really hope this is the case! Again, thanks!

o

The first temperature is the current temperature of the pool.
The second is what the pool is set to heat to.
So your pool is currently 79 degrees and is set to heat to 81 degrees.
If you dont have a heater, or dont have the heat "enabled" (under menu>heat>pool), then it doesnt really matter what that second number is.

o

Thanks for the response...we do not have a heater, so I'll just pay attention to that first number from now on. Again, thank you!

o

I don't understand why it doesn't remove the second number when the heater is off.

It's a good product, but little things like this prevent it from being great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here