Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who does work around a pool (coping, fence, deck, etc.)?

Posted by fori (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 18:43

Howdy again!

We have had an old irregular shaped pool for a little over a year now. Last year we had the plaster and some plumbing redone but not the tile or coping or decking. Some bits were replaced due to the plumbing but most of it is in need of replacement.

We'd like to do a bunch of concrete work in our yard including around the pool and the pool coping. I also want to put in a nicer fence than the one I had slapped on before moving in with my little kids. Can I expect a pool rehabber to do all this stuff or do I need multiple contractors?

(I don't want to use the guy I used last year because, well, he was terrible.)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who does work around a pool (coping, fence, deck, etc.)?

The contractor for our pool refinish also would have done the concrete decking if we had chosen to replace ours. They gave us a quote for replacing the decking. Their website says they do built in bbq's, fire features and hardscaping. It looks like they will do pretty much any concrete or stone work that is wanted.

I don't know whether they would do a pool fence and that might depend on the type of fencing. Since code around here requires that pools be fenced, I would expect that they at least would be able to refer you to fence contractors that they have worked with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here