Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purchasing a polaris pump off ebay or other source online

Posted by zookeeper93 (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 18:36

I must replace my Polaris booster pump and have researched at a local pool supply store (Leslie's), who have given me a cost of $299. This includes 1-yr. mfg. warranty and all the associated hook-up hoses to tie in to my system.

I also researched eBay and have found that the same pump (same brand) is available, new in box, 1-yr mfg. warranty and all the associated hook up hoses, etc., for about $100 less.

The vendors I have researched have a return policy, and have high user ratings on eBay. The reduced cost also includes the shipping charge (free shipping).

My question - is this a smart move to buy online, or should I stay with the more expensive Leslie's?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purchasing a polaris pump off ebay or other source online

If you are doing the install yourself, its perfectly acceptable. If you;re hiring a pool pro, get it from him. It may cost a couple bucks more but if it has an issue, will E-Bay or Leslie's show and and fix it under warranty?

Scott

o
RE: Purchasing a polaris pump off ebay or other source online

Good points Scott. My husband, whom I let post the question, will be installing himself, so I suppose if there is an issue, he will have to go through Polaris himself and fix it himself.
Thank you for your reply.
Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here