o
Does anyone regret using concrete pavers

Posted by banana_fanna (My Page) on
Thu, May 5, 11 at 18:27

for their pool decks? If so, why?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone regret using concrete pavers

Also, would you mind sharing the price per sq you paid for your pavers?

Thanks

o

Hi again, we just had our pavers laid this week - they look great! we chose techo bloc blu and paid $16 psf for most and $15 psf for some that we added on. I think you can probably get a better price - I've heard rumors that some will do it for the same cost as poured concrete. You might want to confirm with your pool builder that they can lay the jump rock on a paver - ours will not. Which pavers have you been looking at? If you like unilock I hear that they have a great factory sale a couple of times a year. Search this forum for Cutter10 and you'll find a thread.

o

We love our pavers and are very glad we went with them. Look at our pool build. You do not want to know because Florida is unusually low compared to the rest of the country. Well if you must know, it was included in the price of the pool and our pool cost 21k

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pool build in Jacksonville

o

I'm loving my Shellock Artistic Pavers that were put in last week. They definitely stay cooler in the hot afternoon sun than my neighbors reddish concrete pavers. Still need their final acid wash, not sealing these. The shells look really neat.
I think they were about $7-9sf installed here in Florida. Some PBs added shipping charges, too, because they are really, really dense (heavy) and ship from Miami.

o

Hi Banana, I forgot to mention that I've learned it's harder (read: more expensive) to install a cover and safety fence with pavers than it is with poured or stamped concrete or exposed aggregate. Just something to keep in mind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here