Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gailrolfe

calling cnr1089--southern New Hampshire pool

gailrolfe
11 years ago

cnr1089, I am wondering if you are still happy with Environmental Pools and the job they did for you? We have a summer home in southern NH and need to either have some serious repair work done on our pool (old, well-fed) or build a new one and we've had trouble finding people who come recommended or who are willing to do repair work. So I'm always collecting names of pool people who come recommended and I love the pictures of your pool you posted a year or so ago...hoping you might still check out the forum once in awhile.

Comments (5)

• cnr1089
    11 years ago

Gailrolfe,

I am still happy with environmental. There service people are great, informative, etc. That being said, they just feel on the expensive side (although part of why we went with them to build our pool is to get quality work, and that comes with expense).

This year we planned on opening our own pool, but for some reason last year when they closed, the service tech (who was not our normal tech), cut one of the return lines, so I had to have them open. Opening cost $375 (not including complete balancing)...Which seemed steep to me (this is our first opening that wasn't included in our pool build contract.

Not sure if that helps much. I can answer other questions if you need.

• gailrolfe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, cnr. We've had a heck of time finding anyone, expensive or not. Apparently a lot of places will only do new builds. We have had a repair bid from a Haverhill MA company called Triad Associates that we may go with but at some point may want to start from scratch. One of the things I love about your pool is how appropriately designed it is for the environment. Living in California, we tend to see pools with a more Mediterranean or Mexican feel to them which doesn't feel too New Hampshire-y to me so I clipped your pictures to keep as inspiration. We have always done our own opening and service, since we are there for a pretty short season right now so $375 seems a bit steep to me too! :-) Anyway, thanks for the response.

• cnr1089
    11 years ago

Triad did all our hardscaping (decking, walls, etc), and contracted through Environmental, did the coping, tile, and plaster from the pool. Triad is also expensive, but does a top notch job.

• gailrolfe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, cnr! That's very helpful to know. It gives us a little more confidence that we're dealing with a good group. Maybe one of these days we'll take the next step and get a new pool through Environmental as well! Thanks again.

• jasonlmarsh
    11 years ago

Why did they cut your return line???? If there's a valid reason I would like to hear it, but if it's just to force you to have "THEM" open the pool the following year, I would have a big problem with that!

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions