Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stayc_gw

New to all of this...pebble sheen pics?

Stayc
12 years ago

We know that we want pebble sheen. I think from pictures we like the blue granite. I understand that we can get tahoe blue in pebble sheen too. Can anyone post pictures of those two to compare? I love the lagoon darker bluish look. However, nothing TOO dark. I really wish we could go see something in person.

Comments (23)

• kspoolman
    12 years ago

Just my opinion, but the Blue Granite is much prettier.

The Tahoe Blue is a mix of browns and blues. In the sample it looks nice and blended, but at the actual install you get pronounced areas of browns and blues. Not an even blend.

I have used Blue Granite multiple times. It always comes out nice and consistent. It will give you some depth of color without getting real dark.

If your builder has been doing these for awhile, you should be able to see both actually installed.

• Stayc
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much! That is really great to know!

• Stayc
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marta,

Nothing came up with that search. =( I am new on here so maybe I did something wrong.
    Thank you though,
    Stacy

• space_man
    12 years ago

Actually Mr. Kspoolman put our Blue Granite Pebblesheen in, so I can vouch for his word. After 2 years we absolutley LOVE the choice, it was perfect! The link below has some pictures, but really you need to go see it in person, I never saw any pictures that really did it justice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some pool pics with Blue Granite

• Stayc
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Space man- Your pool is beautiful! I love all the rock work. I love the color! I know that is what we want...I just know it! hahaha. I really want to see a pool in person, like you said. I will check with our pool guy to see when is a good time to do that.
    Do you remember what color water tile you chose?

• space_man
    12 years ago

So my wife and I are a little unsure, but we know it is from Master tile. Their website is www.mastertilepools.com. We THINK the water line tile we chose was from their Earthscapes series, part number MAS ES 05, but we can't be positive. Actually, kspoolman above did build our pool, so he probably has it in his records. Maybe if he reads this he can confirm? If you live in the Houston area, you're welcome to see ours, but hopefully your builder can point you to some as well.

• kspoolman
    12 years ago

Hey there space_man! How goes it?
    Might run some folks over to check out your pool if thats cool. Got another client thinking Blue Granite as well.

I think the tile was CAS RV PEA 6.

Mastertile is being bought out by an outfit called Crossville. Dont know yet how that will effect us pool guys. They claim they will maintain the pool division up on the Northwest side of town, we will see?? That tile may be an endangered species soon.

• Stayc
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. Our pool guy gave us a master tile book...so I will go and check it out. Thank you! We actually live in Land O'Lakes, Florida. If I was closer I would take you up on that offer.

• space_man
    12 years ago

Thanks Kevin, you're always welcome to bring folks to see our pool, we love it!

• poolforus
    12 years ago

Hello,

We are in the process of having an inground pool built..we already have the tile and flagstone coping installed. Next big decision is the plaster. I know we will either use Pebble fina or pebble sheen. Could you please tell me if the pebble sheen is too rough on bathing suits? Does it pull when getting out of hot tubs, sun shelf, etc... I am also having a hard time choosing the right color- either french gray or aqua blue...we've had a lot of delays building the pool and it has left me with way too much time to think- I am going crazy trying to decide!

Thanks!

• Stayc
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Poolforus,

I am not sure if it will snag your bathing suit or not. I just know from feeling the samples of sheen and tec that the sheen was much smoother than the tec. We decided to stay away from fina b/c of the warrenty that comes with the sheen. It is a limited lifetime warrenty. The Fina was only 5yrs.

• space_man
    12 years ago

You really need to go see/feel for yourself in person, but we've had our Pebblesheen pool for 2 years, have 3 very active girls and spend lots of time in our pool and haven't had any issues with the texture of the pool. Definitely doesn't snag clothes, it's much smoother than that, but it does have a texture. We really like it. In terms of the color, just be aware that the Aqua Blue is REALLY bright blue. We've seen it in some pools where it looks great, especially some of the modern looking designs. It was a little too blue for our more lagoon-ish looking pool.

• poolforus
    12 years ago

Has anyone seen french gray or cool blue in person? any pictures other than on pebbletec website?

• travis_turner
    12 years ago

We used Tahoe Blue tec and love it. JMO.

• poolforus
    12 years ago

That is so prettty! Is that exposed aggregate decking? how does that feel on your feet? considering that for our pool...

• lmhall2000
    12 years ago

We used french gray...on the steps it does look 'grayer' but the body of the pool deeper than 3' has a pretty soft blue to it..hope this helps!

• Stayc
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lmhall2000- what color pavers did you use?

• lmhall2000
    12 years ago

To be honest! I can not remember the name! We lucked up and got 16 pallets wholesale from their warehouse (Belgard) ..because they discontinued the color last year..
    I know the style was the mega bergerac...possibly the color was like Dublin or something? I still have one pallet left so maybe the color will still be on the label?
    I'll try and find out..but we do love the pavers, they're warmer on our feet than the coping we used (Peacock Pavers) but if you spray them with cool water they cool immediately, nice on these hot summers! :)

• poolforus
    12 years ago

lmhall2000...thanks so much for posting the French gray...by any chance do you have a close up picture of the top step? We have a big sun shelf and I'm wondering if it will look okay on a big area with shallow water. I love the color in the deeper section of the pool. Overall are you happy with the texture of the finish? That's my big hang up...I'm worried about it being too rough for the kiddos...

Thanks so much!

• lmhall2000
    12 years ago

I love the texture (we went with Pebble Sheen) I do not think I would like Pebble Tec..I have pretty sensitive feet and push off the walls a lot. I thought we would have to wear pool shoes but my kids who really walk a lot more in the pool than I do (I swim laps mostly) have had no problem. I actually like the gray look..we live on a farm and to me it looks more like natural stone color....I had wanted to go with the Irish Mist, but they told me it may be too farmy for my liking..too green :)

The cat licking the step was as it was filling up...hope these help!

{{!gwi}}

• poolforus
    12 years ago

I think I'll stick with my decision then...french gray it is for us! Our tile is similar to yours, and we have gray flagstone coping so I think it will blend nicely.
    I appreciate you taking the time to post the extra pictures.

• travis_turner
    12 years ago

Yes...exposed aggregate. We really like it. The only down side is that it gets really hot during the day. That being said, we would still choose it for the decking b/c it's durable, looks good, and is comfortable to walk on (when it's not hot).

• sid74
    10 years ago

travis_turner, I know it has been a couple years since your pic was posted, but can you tell me the name of the flagstone you used in your pool coping? I am going for that same look, thank you