Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for good spot cleaner for pool dirt - without running poo

Posted by fl_countrybumkin (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 16:21

Does anyone know of a good spot cleaner for picking up pool dirt without having to run the pool. I saw an ad for "The Pool Blaster Max (HD or CG models) which says it goes on the end of a telepole and picks up dirt/debris using a built in battery for power. Like a dustbuster on a pole.
Does this thing work - or is there something better?

I have a suction side cleaner/robot but it doesn't get up on the sun shelf - and sometimes there is just a leaf or some dirt on the bottom that I want to clean up without starting the pool pump.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for good spot cleaner for pool dirt - without running

I read a bunch of reviews on the The Pool Blaster Max, and the major complaint was that water finds it way into the unit after a year or so and ruins the battery and/or motor. Replacing either is about the cost of a new unit.

I also realize that most people that post reviews on equipment usually do so to say they love it or hate it - so it's hard to tell from reviews just how well the device actually works for the majority of purchasers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here