Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gunite pool elevation question

Posted by shellip (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 15:49

We have a new gunite pool with infinity edge being built. The gunite has been shot and the water line tiles placed. We were preparing for our deck, when the patio guys noticed the PB built the pool too high out of the ground and there is twice as much slope toward the house as there should be. The pool is about 5-6" too high. Does anyone know of a way to knock down the height of the pool without having to totally start over? I am new to the forum and am not sure how to post photos. Any advice would be very helpful.
thanks,
shellip

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gunite pool elevation question photos

Photobucket

o
RE: gunite pool elevation question

shellip,
There is no way to cut down the top of the pool without affecting the structure and all of the depths.

Would suggest that you meet with PB and the deck contractor to discuss the options. Photo indicates that you might have room to compromise with the existing elevation. Good luck.

o

I'm no PB or plumber, but I have seen some drainage type systems in between the pool decking and the house decking. Most of the time I have seen it, it was between old decking and new, but I can't see why you couldn't just put in in as an expansion joint in a totally new system.

Again, not a PB or a plumber, but could be a fix.

o

I saw this this morning but didn't have time to reply. I agree with both of the other contributors.

Scott

o

Thanks to all of you.
Attached you will see the orig. plans which called for everything in the section "sun deck and new terrace" to be on the same level w/ 1.5% grade toward the house.
What are your thoughts on having the area from the coping of the splash deck toward the pool on both sides (sun deck)at the heigher pool level, and a step down toward the house to the area called new terrace? I think it would be about a 6" step down. If you think that would work, would you put trench drains on the upper level also? BTW, all the roof lines drain onto the terrace area. Only the covered porch drains into the yard.
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here