Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris 280 'Over the Deck'

Posted by raywbo (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 15:31

Hi All,
I was going to retrofit a booster line to my vinyl IG pool via one of the existing 3 fiber optic fittings, but am also considering the possibility a 3/4 quick disconnect garden hose (pump shed ~25 feet from pool) and fashioning up a removable over the deck connection near my center skimmer.

I have had a robotic cleaner (Dolphin) and to me, hauling that beast in and out of the pool along with storing it and it's caddy is alot more work than rolling out or coiling up a garden hose + the 280. In all my research, it's apparent the Polaris 280 is king of the pool cleaners based on user experience - unfortunately, I could not find to much out there on "soft plumbed" installs. I'm curious if there issues the experts here might be aware of before I order one along with a booster pump..

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris 280 'Over the Deck'

Use either black Goodyear or Craftsman hoses. My Goodyears' (I have 4 50'ers) are over 10 years old!

Scott

o
RE: Polaris 280 'Over the Deck'

Thanks to you both for your feedback.. I am now going to go this route and the bit of inconvenience with a short hose is no worse that a robot with it's plug, caddy and hose!

Agreed on the black HD garden hose.. I too bought some at sears ~14 years ago and they are still good!

I was going with the TankTrax version of the 280 because my pool is vinyl - do you have an opinion on that or does it really matter much over the wheeled version?

Thanks again,
Ray

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here