Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stayc_gw

pool slide

Stayc
9 years ago

Does anyone know about having a slide put in? We had one growing up and loved it! Now it looks like things have changed. We went to one place and they said 10k!! Anyone have one? Would love to have one in a rock waterfall.

Comments (12)

• ktm250sx
    9 years ago

Are you building new or just wanting to add one to an existing pool? I have a friend that has one and it goes through his waterfall and it's very nice. I have no idea what it cost him but money wasn't an issue for him (must be nice!) and his pool is huge. I have also seen some where they are more of a regular slide vs. the gunite slides or whatever they are made out of.

• Stayc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We would be adding it to an existing pool. We had our pool built in 2011 and we already have the pipe coming out of the pavers for a potential water feature.

• Stayc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Does anyone else out there have a slide? Did you have issues trying to get one?

• Stayc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• Stayc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• Dena Walters
    9 years ago

Stayc, we had one put in last year when we had the pool built..but that amount sounds about right..and possibly even a bit low...although we did have the gratto and slide put in.

Dena

• Stayc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh really Dena! I bet it is beautiful!! We continue to be told it is an insurance thing as to why no one will put it in. We live in Fl..not sure if that makes a difference.

• Dena Walters
    9 years ago

Stayc, Im n Texas and its Not insurance..its ALOT of work...look up my name..do a search...I posted my entire build on here titled Signed, Sealed and awaiting delivery....You will see it is Alot of rebar and shaping..It is Beautiful..and even today I love sittin' outside and just looking at it....

• Stayc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for the information. I will check out your pool.

• Chris
    9 years ago

We had a gunite slide put in with our pool last year. We absolutely love it (our 2.5 yr old boy especially). It cost about $11.5k I think offhand for the slide/waterfall/grotto.

This is my thread and I've attached a pic of the slide to save you have to trawl through the whole thread to find an example of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: My build thread in Houston (Cypress)

This post was edited by cbink on Mon, May 19, 14 at 11:31

• corinnahrn
    9 years ago

cbink, I want this slide/grotto! My PB says it would cost 30-40k to build, and I think he must have misunderstood what it is. Thank you for posting your construction pics on the other link. Hopefully he will understand that this is concrete and not boulders.

• jscozz
    9 years ago

An alternative is a fiberglass slide. A couple manufacturers make them. I put in a Dolphin slide on my new pool. Was expensive, but everyone loves it! You can piece it together into whatever shape or length you want.