Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lnkholder

I HATE my EasyTouch!

lnkholder
12 years ago

Hate hate hate hate it, with a deep burning flame that festers in my soul. It is the single worst thing about my pool. Currently it wants to turn on the solar late in the day. Why? Beats me. I can't figure the programming out to save my life. The long hours I have spent crouched in front of it trying to figure out how to reprogram it are hours that could have been spent relaxing beside the pool. I'd be content to turn it on manually, but I can't do that either. It's a simple pool: salt, solar, and cleaner; no waterfalls or spa.

Maybe I'm just an idiot. But I am a PhD level scientist, and I am not usually defeated by a circuit controller. The manual will tell me step by step exactly how to rename each and every function, but fails to explain how those functions interrelate. My husband, who is also a PhD level scientist, can't figure it out either. Nor can the guy who put in our pool. He programmed it once, following a script, but after the solar was turned off for the season the VS3050 was consuming far too much energy at that setting so we tried to change it.

What are my options? There is a low spot in our lawn caused by our hours standing or crouching in front of the panel. The only think I can think of at this point is to back over the control panel with the minivan, but while that might be emotionally satisfying I suspect that will just make matters worse.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals