Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new pool red dirt stains

Posted by Tracik3 (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 15:09

We had a pool put in about 3 weeks ago. Its white plaster with blue specks. The day after they plastered and started filling it we had a big storm that blew in red dirt. We didn't yet have sod put down. We have quit a bit of stains especially around the stairs.

One pool guy said we didn't want to do an acid wash because it would leave rough spots. Another pool guy was just here and I talked to him about the stains and he said it wouldn't be bad that the other guy (which by the way is his dad) was over reacting.

From what I was reading the vitamin C tabs won't work on dirt it works on rust.

We haven't even swan in the pool. I want these stains gone! Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new pool red dirt stains

Well, after doing some research online I found this suggestion. Take a pantyhose and put crushed chlorine tab in it and place on the stain for 10/15 minutes then brush. We did it today and most of the stains are gone! It worked great!

o

Thanks for posting an update. We have red dirt here too! Hopefully we won't get stains from it, but this is great to know.

o

Oh I'm so happy for you. We got quarter sized rust stains from some of the pebbles in our pool the first summer. I was so upset. We tried all kinds of chemicals, chlorine tabs rubbed on. Nothing worked until I found the Vitamin C trick on the internet. One little tablet erased them like magic.

What a relief, huh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here