Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice needed on pool floats :)

Posted by rx7owner (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 14:30

Ok, major decision here (haha)...need to pick the best pool floats.
I'm looking at the Spongex Avena or the Frontgate "world's greatest"
Anyone have either care to chim ein on the comfort, durability and fade resistance?
thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice needed on pool floats :)

We have a couple of the Frontgate "finest" floats, they're nice. No problems, very good buoyancy, and the rolled pillow is comfortable.

We (parents and kids) all declare the Molly Brown floats as our favorites though. We've had the MBs for...I want to say five years...maybe six. A large (big enough for two adults) and a regular.

o

Oh good info! Anyone else have pool floats/toys that they love?

o

Noodles! The fatter ones are better. I replace mine periodically.

Scott

o

I agree with poolguynj. The noodles are fun. The fatter ones are better. The Frontgate floats get hard and deteriorate.

o

My absolute favorite is the Texas Recreation Super Soft Adjustable Recliner - you can Google it. It's extremely comfortable and very sturdy.

o

I started to post this but searched and found this question asked last year. Anyone have floats that they would recommend?

o

Still enjoying the Frontgate "Finest". We've had them several years now, no issues.

Last year we added a Frontgate "Kai". It's very comfortable as both a pad for out of the water on the pool patio as well as using it as a float in the water. The beading can be pushed around to make things "just right".

We have a small Kai pillow too, the kids sometimes use it as a buoyancy float to sit on, the adults use it as...ta-da...a pillow.

If I were to get another "adult" float, I'd get another Kai.

o

Costco had the equivalents of Frontgate's "World's Finest" (slightly thinner) and exact "Thickest Pool Noodle." The noodles are awesome, and they were $30 for two at Costco. We have a Metallic Frontgate "Finest" and tried to "sink" it with three adults and failed!

o

Anyone have a Disc Beanbag Swimming Pool Float? Are you happy with it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here