Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure cleaners

Posted by bpricedo (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 14:00

Why do pressure cleaners need a booster pump? Why couldn't you have a two speed pump, circulate pool on low, switch to high to run cleaner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure cleaners

Boosters provide a relatively small volume but big pressure increase.

This is sort of like a backpack blower vs an air compressor. The back pack moves a large amount of air fast but doesn't respond well to back pressure. The air compressor can't give the volume but certainly can overcome back pressure.

Scott

o

bpricedo, there are a few, like the Polaris 360 that do not require a booster pump. I have no experience with them yet, as my pool is not yet built. Here is another thread where others have helped me with recommendations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pressure or Suction side cleaner?

o

My first pool bid includes a Polaris 280 and booster pump. I wondered, in the spirit of simplicity and fewer moving parts/pumps, if a Pentair Legend II wouldn't work. Don't know if there is a cost difference or not but seems like it should be cheaper overall without the booster, plumbing, electric, etc that is involved with the Polaris. Anyone have experience with the Pentair Legend II?

o

I guess the Legend II isn't all that great. My pool design is a freeform 50 x 22. I had read that pressure cleaners had trouble with larger/longer pools, just needing some advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here