Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jump427

BEWARE!- integrity pools & spa- tampa, fl area

jump427
12 years ago

Im sorry to post this so late in the game but i have been strung along by this guy for three years. Three years of promises, guarantees and sad stories have left me with an unfinished pool project. My nightmare started on 6-19-08 and is still not done. To make it worse I have paid 95% of the contracted price. The terms of the contract demanded payments at certain steps. I did not know those steps could be done way b4 I saw a drop of water in the huge hole.

Anyway long story short use someone else.

Comments (10)

• goyom
    12 years ago

Sounds like you have a real issue with these people.

Have you filed with the BBB, and contacted your state attorney general office ?

• texasdad
    12 years ago

All the builders we talked to wanted a deposit before starting. A payment at dig, a payment at gunite, a payment at decking, and a final payment at completion.
    If you have paid 95% then are you very close to finished? Hire somebody else to finish it and then go after the original builder in court.

My intuition tell me there are two sides to this story and it may not be that clear cut?

• mastiff_lover
    12 years ago

wow.... 10% down... our project was for $90,000... In California, Pool Builders are only allowed to collect $200.00 down and the rest in stages although most contracts seem to be front loaded when the consumer has to come up with roughly 50% of the job by the time gunite is completed. I think we paid $9000.00 or 10% after dig and $9000.00 after steel.. or 10%... another 27,000 or 30% after partial electrical and completed gunite. so we were into it for $45,000 and all we had was gunite. I know from talking to subs that the builder had only spent 2000.00 on dig and 3500.00 for steel and his gunite cost was 5500.00 and misc plumbing was 2500. not even complete plumbed out yet. so he was 13,500 out of pocket and I had already paid $45,000.00?? I guess they get their profit first before completing the job? who knows... our project also included an outdoor kitchen/bar and BBQ and fireplace with 2500 sq. ft of stamped and colored decking that was also into the price and was added to the individual payment program.. when the builder is building you much more than a pool, it is quite easy to feel you are on the wrong side of a front loaded contract.. the price of the Deck/BBQ/Bar/Kitchen/fireplace were all included in the intial payment plan.. yet the builder was not even close to even starting any of those items when we were 1/2 way thru with the payment plan. I feel your pain... good luck

• Bob Neal
    7 years ago

2008 was a tough time for any builder (homes, pools and even automakers) due to the economy. Just to put a fresh view on this (now nearly 10 years from when OP originally contracted) - We had pool installed by Integrity last July 2016. I did my due diligence and talked with people who had pools for several years and were under construction. References were all good. For our pool the work was completed on time (a week or so later than originally told - but reasonable), some minor hassles but nothing compared to neighbors who have used other builders. Pools looks great and we love it. I'd recommend Integrity Pools.

• Farrell Matthews
    6 years ago

Andy Press owner is a thief and I have the paper work to prove it. I had to have my shell declared abandon by HBCBD an hire Tampa Bay pools to finish it.

I had his License and insurance locked down so he couldn't pull new permits.

I let him smooth talk me into allowing him to pay me back in installments and told the County and insurance company I wanted to give him a chance to make it right. Well when you deal with a rattle snake in the grass the out come is not going to be good.

I'm now getting quotes to built another pool. Notified Ole smooth talker to give him a third chance to make his signed word good. He did not return my inquiry.

I owe all Pool contractors and honest customer's an apology for not following through to have his license revoked in Florida. The audacity to have a company named "Integrity" with the low moral character he has demonstrated should make customers run not walk for financial safety.

• Bob Neal
    6 years ago

Curious, is this a recent problem? Or is this same issue as posted under user Jump427 from 2008?

• Farrell Matthews
    6 years ago

Did Integrity Pools file Bankruptcy in 08,09 if not they still owe everyone they stole from. 5 star rating ?? Companies like this are the reason Pool Contractors have the used car sales man tag of the construction industry

• Bob Neal
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I don't know what Integrity did or didn't do almost 10 years ago. I hear your story, and it's something I wouldn't want to go through. But 2008-2009 was hard for a LOT of companies. It wasn't just companies, but people personally found it financially difficult during that time, finding it easier to just walk away and stick it to their creditors, something they wouldn't have done if it wasn't for the especially trying economic times. I think you can understand how troubling those times were.

I got a big chuckle when I read your comment about me being project manager for Integrity. I lived in Chicago area for over 50 years and I definitely wasn't commuting :) Interesting to see how you'll try to distort and distract.

What I can speak to is that Integrity completed my pool in 2016, almost a year ago to today. It was completed on time and looks great.

I'm no mouthpiece for Integrity but want to provide some balance to a single event from almost 10 years ago to how the company is operating today.

• CP Kazor
    3 years ago

Time Frame - I am writing this in 2020 --- Andy / Integrity Pools constructed our pool in 2000 - Got a loan from my bank and let the bank give out the draws --- It went like clock work -- I interviewed five pool companies and all but Integrity and one other are still around now --- during that time they have maintained and ever redone the pool always timely and on budget.....I give them 5 STARS out of 5 if we had stars here ... I am me and easy to find will be happy to give a personal recommendation