Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing Between Two Pool Builders in Massachusetts

Posted by buzz2 (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 13:19

Hello,

I have it narrowed down to two pool builders, South Shore Gunite and Doherty Pool & Spa, and plan to sign with one of them within the next 24 to 48 hours. I started with five quotes.

It is difficult to compare apples to apples with any two pool builders because of what each one includes, excludes, etc.

I like both companies and either one I believe would build a quality pool. I like both salesmen. The one from Doherty is extremely attentive (although he may no longer be involved after the sale).

South Shore Gunite offers a completion date with $1500 penalty to themselves for failure. I have asked Doherty P&S and it sounds like they will match it but not sure of the date for them yet.

South Shore Gunite offers a five year warranty on everything they install, labor included, which is very attractive. Doherty P&S does not. South Shore Gunite can do the whole job including pool deck although I may hire separate contractors to do some of the work including pool deck anyway. Not sure yet.

Has anyone hired either company to build their pool and what were your experiences with them? I have not been able to find reviews online.

Anything else to consider before making a final decision?

It will be a 20 x 44 ft inground pool with Roman ends, and 8 ft diving board with 9 foot deep end. Pool deck will be exposed aggregate with brick/paver coping or paver deck with cantilevered concrete coping.

Anything you can offer to help us with our decision would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing Between Two Pool Builders in Massachusetts

Hi Buzz,
I'm researching pool companies in Mass and came across this post. Who did you go with? I had South Shore Gunite come out this week and am looking to get another quote to compare with.

o
RE: Choosing Between Two Pool Builders in Massachusetts

Call Easton Pool in Easton,MA. Just finished my 800sq ft gunite/pebble sheen pool with them & everyone was great to deal with-Dave the owner answered every one of my PITA questions, Mike their project super was awesome & all the install crew was great. We dug my pool last December & I had Dave, Mike & about 3 Easton guys in my excavation with rakes & shovels helping shape it-you dont get that everyday. They were super attentive when my Haywood VS pump had a board issue & replaced it-no ?s asked. Cant say enough good stuff about them-use them & dont look back

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here