Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buzz2_gw

Choosing Between Two Pool Builders in Massachusetts

buzz2
11 years ago

Hello,

I have it narrowed down to two pool builders, South Shore Gunite and Doherty Pool & Spa, and plan to sign with one of them within the next 24 to 48 hours. I started with five quotes.

It is difficult to compare apples to apples with any two pool builders because of what each one includes, excludes, etc.

I like both companies and either one I believe would build a quality pool. I like both salesmen. The one from Doherty is extremely attentive (although he may no longer be involved after the sale).

South Shore Gunite offers a completion date with $1500 penalty to themselves for failure. I have asked Doherty P&S and it sounds like they will match it but not sure of the date for them yet.

South Shore Gunite offers a five year warranty on everything they install, labor included, which is very attractive. Doherty P&S does not. South Shore Gunite can do the whole job including pool deck although I may hire separate contractors to do some of the work including pool deck anyway. Not sure yet.

Has anyone hired either company to build their pool and what were your experiences with them? I have not been able to find reviews online.

Anything else to consider before making a final decision?

It will be a 20 x 44 ft inground pool with Roman ends, and 8 ft diving board with 9 foot deep end. Pool deck will be exposed aggregate with brick/paver coping or paver deck with cantilevered concrete coping.

Anything you can offer to help us with our decision would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (2)