Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not enough pressure to squirt water out of

Posted by Speckledhen (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 12:08

a NOODLE! This is a serious question. Every other pool I've been in, when you hold a noodle up to the return inlet water shoots out of the noodle. That doesn't happen 1n my pool. It's a brand new build, I/G 16x32 vinyl about 17k gallons with a 1hp pump. D.E. filter pressure is about 14. Is my pump too small? I do know that their is one return split to three inlets. Could this be the issue? Seriously, my kids are disappointed that they can't squirt water at each other like in their friends pool!
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not enough pressure to squirt water out of

We have about 8 returns on our 1975 concrete 35K gal 1hp pool, and 2 have good pressure, 4 have OK pressure, and 2 I think have no pressure. Our pool guy said that we need to buy a variety of "eyeballs" for the returns to equalize the pressure for proper circulation, as the pressure can run out of "oomph" as it gets further from the pump. Some eyeballs with smaller diameter and some with larger should even things out. The second pool guy said typically we would have back pressure on our plumbing system, so actually, the returns furthest from the pump would have the highest pressure, and the ones closest would have less. Either way, they said the solution was in the eyeballs.

Haven't tried this yet, as am waiting on latest repair man to come next week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here