Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aluminum fence - How much did you pay installed?

Posted by oakrunfarm (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 08 at 11:46

Hello,

We are getting close to completion on our new pool (yay!), and I need to be making a final decision on the fencing.

I think a black metal (aluminum? steel/iron?) one around 4' is the choice.

We have some challenges topography-wise, and this is part of a new build, so we are not going to have time for a dyi.

Could I get some prices that y'all have paid per foot installed so I will have some comparison prices?

Also, if anyone can recommend a good fence company in N.C., please let me know.

Thanks! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aluminum fence - How much did you pay installed?

i am in the same boat, also in NC. I called one place and they wanted 125.00 per foot for aluminum!. I laughed at them and I am now considering ordering it online and installing it myself since everyone has told me that it is really easy and costs approx 12.00 per foot.

o

Oakrunfarm and Ducter,
I'm in PA, and last summer spent $27 per foot for 54" high Delgard Guardian. I went with 2" posts, 5/8" bars, 4" OC. The price also included two fancy gates (one 4' and one 8'). Price was product plus installation. I too had some topographical challenges - heavy tree line on 30% of job. I shopped it among 3 companies. These guys were the best - Fence City. Common name - don't know of other locations. Hope this helps.
Bill

o

I'm in FL and we got estimates for a 4' pool code aluminum fence and here it is $19 a linear foot plus the cost for gates and the magna locks.

Liza

o

In north central TX we paid 23.00/l.f. installed for 6' ornamental metal (black powdercoat). The same in a 5' height would have been 18.00/ l.f. Much cheaper than the cedar fencing we had put in!

o

We're in Orlando, and have the about the same price as shadyluv... $18/foot installed + $349 extra for each gate. Ideal Brand - Alamoo... 4' tall.

We opted to pay for install...

-Gorilla

o

Fence City has 4 ft fence for 43.00 for 6 feet, I wonder how good it is?

o

Thanks so much for the input. The prices I am getting are ranging from around $20 to $30 per foot installed for aluminum.

I wish I could get the FL prices! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here