Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jscozz_gw

Fill with well water?

jscozz
11 years ago

Did you use your well water for gunite mix, plaster mix and fill water? Or did you use some alternative source?

I am not concerned with flow... I use my well for geothermal, lawn, domestic and have plenty of water... raw water has a bunch of iron... and raw pH is around 4.3. Other than that, nothing else over the limits. TDS is well under. I have very large pH and softener filters that get the pH in the area of 6.5... and get the iron below under the limit for domestic water. I am not opposed to running the well water through the filters, and should be able to get around 30 gpm into the pool. Only needing 5 or 6 backwash cycles on the filters.

I am looking for pro/cons on doing this... obviously, the big pro is it is free and trucking in water would be a few thousand dollars... and I am not sure how the PB would get other water for the gunite and plaster mixes...

I would love to see hard facts about water chemistry that says if your level are within this range it is fine, or over that range you should not use it.

We are going to use River Rok or Diamond Brite finishes... I am very concerned about using water that will screw up the finish... either in the mixes or final pool water.

Comments (5)