Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inthedrink_gw

Age old question-What pebble sheen color?

inthedrink
13 years ago

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked a million times, and I have searched high and low in google images for pictures, but I'm having the worst time deciding between Aqua Blue and Prism Blue Pebblesheen. I didn't think it would be so hard, although I should have known better after having read all the angst-filled posts regarding color selection. Anyone want to share their pictures? Anything new would be appreciated. Thanks pool friends.

Comments (7)

• leftyguitar
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi inthedrink:

I have created an account here today (just now) for the ~sole~ purpose of putting up some pics of PebbleSheen. Like you, we found nearly ZERO pictures out there on the interwebs of these fine finishes. Even the pictures available at PebbleTechnology's own website are simply stupid -- when looking for info on PebbleTechnology surfaces no one wants to see someone's pretty garden, or their snazzy deck -- they want to see what this stuff looks like! That's it!! Hopefully my pictures give a good representation of what these surfaces can look like, and hopefully now that they are posted here at GardenWeb, other folks will find them helpful. Sorry if the colors of the PebbleSheens I show in my pics don't suit your needs, but at least they may give you pause to consider your options (maybe).

NOTE: Below are the six pics I just posted here. In their wisdom, GardenWeb have deemed it okay to downsize my land-scape aspect ratio pictures from 900x600 to 580x386, a reduction of 36%. Fortunately, portrait aspect ratio pics of 900x600 are only reduced 3%, to 871x581. GardenWeb mentions in the photo gallery that they need to insure pics are at or below 500k, however all of mine were at or below 300k, so I would prefer they were shown at the full 900x600 resolution. They will not be seen here in that size. So, if you would like to see my 900x600 original edits, feel free to contact me at michael[at]mmcphoto.com and I will send them along to anyone who asks.

So, on to my pics...

Wide shot of a Blue Granite PebbleSheen® pool in Glendale, CA. Detail pics will show more... detail, but I posted this one image to give the overall color that Blue Granite imbues on a pool. CAVEAT: The house in the b/g is yellow plaster, so there may be a ~very slight~ yellow (or greenish) cast to the image. To my eye, the water was a beautiful blue, with just a hint of blue-green.

{{gwi:2034773}}

A tighter shot of the steps and pool, though not any real detail shown in this pic. The coping and deck are Pennsylvania Bluestone. CAVEAT: Your monitor may display colors differently than my own (my wife's hair is brunette)!

{{gwi:2034774}}

Detail of steps and Pennsylvania Bluestone coping, showing texture of the sheen finish -- it's 'pebbley,' but feels smooth to your feet.

{{gwi:2034775}}

Closer detail of steps and Pennsylvania Bluestone coping, showing texture of the sheen finish. This portrait mode pic looks the best because GardenWeb has only reduced it in size by 3%. Nice.

{{gwi:2034776}}

Detail of a deeper section of the pool showing the Pennsylvania Bluestone coping -- Sheen finish shows below the waterline here.

{{gwi:2034777}}

Second detail of a deeper section of the pool showing the Pennsylvania Bluestone coping and the dark tile selected by the homeowner -- Sheen finish shows below the waterline here.

{{gwi:2034778}}

Here we dropped some of the PebbleSheen® samples we had into the water onto the pool steps, and I have labeled them all, except for the one noted, which I do think was Blue Granite. CAVEAT: The 36% downsizing of the pic that GardenWeb has done makes the labels ~really~ difficult to read. Sorry about that -- not my fault.

{{gwi:2034779}}

hth

-- Michael McClure

• poolboyz
    13 years ago

We have Aqua Blue Pebble sheen. I probably changed my mind 5 times during the build process. We considered Cool Blue, Blue Granite, and Aqua Blue. My wife really wanted a BLUE pool so we stayed away from anything that has green in it. Some of the people on this forum have compared Aqua blue to the color of Windex, but I dont think it is that drastic. I realized that the lighter the color of the surface, the more dirt and stains/algae would be seen, so we avoided Cool Blue. Here are a few pictures of our pool to give you an idea... BTW my pool is only 5' deep, the deeper the pool, the darker it should look. We visited a few pools in our area to get a good idea about the water color. You can find out the plaster company name and contact them to see if any of their customers will let you take a look at their pool. Good luck!

• jluedemann
    13 years ago

We have prism blue. I've got pics of the whole remodel job at the link below. Were were deciding between Prism Blue and Turtle Bay. Personally, we might go with the darker color if we were to do it again.

{{gwi:2034780}}

• S
    2 years ago

leftyguitar I would love to see them!

• John Ellis
    2 years ago

@leftyguitar I would also love to see them!

• Sowmya Swaminathan
    2 years ago

Leftyguitar - I would love to see the pics too. Thank you.