Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Retiling and Painting Pool

Posted by wease (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 10:17

So I have a gunite pool that's fairly old but in good shape. How long can I have my pool drained to remove the old tile, install and grout new tile and then prime and paint the surface? This may take a while.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Retiling and Painting Pool

I don't have any help answers about your question, but I had to just ask, are you sure that you want to paint it? I recently bought a house that has had paint on the pool for just a matter of a few months and the paint is coming off like crazy. It is ending up the filter and causing the filter to need cleaned far more often that it really should need. It looks terrible. And the cost to have the paint remove has been bid to me at everything from $1000 to $3500. Maybe there are better paints out there, but mine is a huge mess. I hate that the seller painted it.

o

Sounds to me like you got a bad paint job. Pool painted to sell the house is what it looks like. If done right, paint can last for 5+ years. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

o

Wease, very best of luck with it. There are some paint reviews on this board and also on trouble free pools. One of those may mention how long they had their pool empty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here