Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me decide which cleaner

Posted by kahlanne (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 11 at 10:10

I have a 40X20 foot in ground liner pool that desperately needs a cleaner. I have researched until my brain is numb and figured I would just ask. I would prefer to buy locally and there are a couple of options available but I just don't know which to choose. Whichever we choose has to be good at picking up live oak leaves and occassionally pine needles. Our options are...

1. Polaris 280 with booster pump $600

2. Pentair Legend Kreepy Krauly without booster pump $350

3. Dolphin Robotic (not sure which model yet since I havent been to the store; only called them) $650

4. Nitro Robotic (again have to check which model when I go to store today) $600

Thanks so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me decide which cleaner

I wanted to add that my pool is rectangle. Also, my husband likes the idea of the robotic since it will be the easiest to use. We have power supply right at the end of the decking. We do have the plumbing for a booster pump as well.

o

The 280, the Legend (Kreepy Krawly/Pentair) are both fine units.

I am not a big fan of robots.

On the suction side, The Pool Cleaner wins over venerable Kreepy Krawly.

Scott

o

How is the blue diamond robot in your opinion? I heard good things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here