Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best test kit for chlorine pool

Posted by Speckledhen (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 9:13

Looking for opinions for the best test kit, and also the best place to buy it. I/G vinyl with a chlorinator. I would like one that tests for everything, not just free chlorine. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best test kit for chlorine pool

I just asked this same question. Scott recommended the Taylor K-2006 kit. I just ordered one from Amazon for $75.00

o

I second the K-2006. Also, if you don't know about it, enter your results in "The Pool Calculator".

o

I personally like the TF-100 as I get more bang for my buck.

Scott

o

Second Scott..http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

o

Third, Love my TF-100

o

Taylor K-2006 or TF-100. TF-100 contains more of the reagents.

o

How often should you replace the reagents? Live in NY.

o

Under proper care, some can last over two years. Some will need annual and some you may need more of.

The biggest variable is how they are stored. Cool, dry, and dark are usually the best conditions for storing. Leaving them out in the sun and rain is not a good idea.

Scott

o

Thanks Scott.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here