Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: Help with Plaster colors Please....

Posted by Steph2011 (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 11 at 7:54

We are trying to decide between Luna Quartz Barbados Blue and Aruba Sky. Any links to photos would be very appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: Help with Plaster colors Please....

Those are new colors or at least under new names in just the last few weeks, so you may have a tough time finding finished pools with those names. You may need to look for something similar. We had our pool done 4 weeks ago in Luna Quartz Pacific-- a light aqua blue that is probably most similar to the Aruba. It creates a light to medium blue water color. The Barbados would be darker. The darker plaster colors also heat the water more than white, which almost makes Martinique appealing for our small pool too.

We agonized over the plaster color and realized once it was in that we would have been happy with any of several colors. Don't stress too much -- keep it fun.

o

I need help with plaster colors too! We are getting a pool- we've got a big hole in the ground right now! If anyone has photos of River Rok Granite in their pool, that would be very helpful! Deciding Between River Rok Granite, River Rok Harbor Gray or Diamond Brite French Gray. ANY pics would be GREAT!

o

JODIBUL - we used River Rok Granite and love it! Search for my user name - there's plenty of pics in my build post. I think lemonspinner used Harbor Gray. Good luck!

o

The granite looks really nice!! How does it look when the sun isn't out? You live in NJ, right? We are from Freehold but live out in PA now.
Have to make the plaster decision soon- hopefully we'll be swimming by July 4th!

o

I am in process of finishing re-plastering my pool with Noble Tile's designer series quartz colored plaster. My pool is 19.5 years old and had already been replastered once by the original owner with the regular white plaster which doesn't last very long and shows every nut and leaf stain. I wanted a dark dark lagoon greenish color and have chose the Venetian Slate color. Since it takes at least 5 days for the acid wash to reveal the final color I can't send an accurate pic just now but will post one for everyone next week when done - along with the new waterline tiles that I selected from Noble.

Basically if you are trying to get a specific water color, the whites and blues will give you light to dark blue. The gray and sand colors will give you green. Light sand is clear on the shallow end and light green in the deep end.

I think what you pick for replastering depends on the look you want, resale value, and how long you plan to be in your home. The Noble Tile and Diamond Brite stuff is supposed to last twice as long as regular plaster which has an 8-9 year lifespan on average. The darker colors are more in vogue now so likely will have a higher resale value.

o

Didn't realize I can't add pics to this blog. Email me at joe_pullen@live.com and I'll send the before and after pics. The new was done in Noble Tile Venetian Slate color quartz with Noble Tile Desert Mirage Series 6 inch waterline tiles in Mojave Aqua NSDM 681. The tiles have a turquoise blue green color with metalic copper which goes well with the existing deck coping. Eventually I'll do a limecoat on the deck and coping to make it look like real stone. They still need to fix the fountain plume and I had to rip out and replace the plants behind the fountain but hopefully this will give some ideas of before and after on this particular Noble Tile Designer series quartz finish.

o

You can add pix. Photobucket album is your friend. There are 4 options for each pic. Click on the 3rd option. Its copied automatically to your clipboard. Paste (control v) one pic per line.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here