Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9689612

Delta UV

User
13 years ago

Has anyone hear or tried Delta UV as a sanitizer for their pool? The company says that you should run your pump 24/7 in order to get the UV to kill everything.

Would be nice to get away from chlorine.

Comments (6)

• goyom
    13 years ago

I asked my PB about these, and he said they are a niche gadget that works, but then gave me the water lesson the poolguynj just explained.

My PB said nice expensive toy, fine for supplemental sanitation, not a replacement for chlorine.

• BoomInIt
    9 years ago

Update:

I recently installed a delta uv es-40 unit. It has worked great with chlorine levels at 1ppm. It took 4 days to turn my green pool to blue. With UV sanitation you will still have to maintain chemical balance of the pool, but it will greatly decrease chemicals needed. The water is much softer now with no smell of chlorine. The water even looks different like a natural spring. For those that are uneducated on UV sanitation most olympic pools use it. New York's drinking water system uses it, and it is now mandated by government for commercial pools to have it. Gimmick....NO This really works ...welcome to the future, although its been used for years in Europe. Many people in the fish tank industrial swear by it. I am now a believer as well. I do not sell these filters nor affiliated with any. My pool has vast exposure to elements.

Waterborne pathogens get a lot of exposure in the news. ThatâÂÂs because theyâÂÂve been associated with some of the nastiest recreational water illnesses (RWI's) ever reported. Germs such as cryptosporidium, E. coli, giardia, and shigella cause diarrhea, the most common symptom. The most severe diseases are cryptosporidiosis and giardiasis. Although a few RWI cases have led to kidney failure, the more common and less severe complications are skin rashes, respiratory infections and otitis externa, commonly called swimmers ear. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been gathering information from state health authorities on RWI outbreaks since 1978. Since 1985, the number of outbreaks of diarrhea connected with swimming pools is on the rise. Some of these outbreaks have affected thousands of swimmers. Ultra-potent UV is scientifically proven to eliminate waterborne pathogens while lowering the need for chemicals.

• BoomInIt
    9 years ago

day 1 preinstall

• BoomInIt
    9 years ago

day 4

• ktwood
    9 years ago

Do you still like your uv system? My PB says it's the new way to go but love how salt doesn't dry you out. Is it costly to upkeep? Thanks