Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myfirstpool

Tons of Questions.

MyFirstPool
11 years ago

As I read more and more post, I have more and more questions. Here are a few for now:

1) I am having a salt system installed and I am having "brushed" concrete decking applied around the pool. Should I seal the concrete?

2) I am having flagstone coping too, will this get damaged by the salt?

My PB said that the salt will not do damage as it is converted to chlorine and that it is still in reality a chlorine pool.

3) PB is installing a Vacuum line, but no booster pump... I read that the Polaris is a pretty good cleaner, will this work with the vacuum line and no booster pump

4) It's been 7 days since they shot the gunite and I think it's good that there are no cracks, but in the deep end there is a hole where water is visibly coming up... appears to be a small trickle, but not the less there is about 18 inches of water in the deep end. When I drain some of the water, it comes back! My PB said that this is a weeping hole and it is good, I think that is right..but I am concerned that the water will force a hole in the plaster too? Should this be sealed with hydro cement before plaster?

BTW--LOVE THE FORUM

Comments (4)