Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
to_the_beach

*finally* new pool build - fairfax, va

to-the-beach
13 years ago

Well, after months in the permitting process, we are finally underway....actually, almost done!

My lovely green yard...before!

After the dig...

After gunite...

Tile and coping...

Stone facing going on the raised beam...

Progress as of today! Tanning ledge will be covered with flagstone tomorrow and plaster early next week.

Comments (14)

• poolguynj
    13 years ago

BIG Congrats!

What about the decking?

Scott

• bobinbaltimore
    13 years ago

Nice job, to-the-beach! Very nice of the local government to allow you to build in your backyard! Looks great.

• to-the-beach
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Scott - Ooops, forgot to mention the decking! It's going to be broom brushed concrete for now. The new decking is transitioning into an existing patio that is older and needs some help. Depending on how the finished product looks, we may Sundeck all or part of it. I also didn't want a lot of competing patterns, as the coping is tumbled flagstone and the raised wall is Pennsylvania fieldstone. We've been pushed back a couple days due to rain; now it looks like concrete will be poured on Tuesday and plaster on Friday. We should be swimming by next weekend!

Bob - Did you run into many permitting issues in Baltimore? It took us three months to get through the grading plan, soil test, rain garden / infiltration trench waiver, etc. This is our second, and last, pool build in Fairfax County. I'm not saying we won't build another pool again; it just won't be here.

• indecisive101
    13 years ago

Your pool looks great! We live in Purcellville and I am looking for quotes on a pool. Who did you go with?

• to-the-beach
    Original Author
    13 years ago

indecisive101 - Feel free to e-mail me at kellishobe@hotmail.com and I'll give you my thoughts, thus far.

Concrete is going on right now....yay! Keep your fingers crossed that the huge band of thunderstorms headed our way holds off for a while!

• sharoncbrn
    13 years ago

Looks great, I love the stone work. Sharon

• jdmjpowell
    13 years ago

The pool looks beautiful so far! How deep is your tanning ledge going to be?

• to-the-beach
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Alright, we're finally done! Still dealing with a couple of small issues, but overall, very happy! Now, we just have to move on to the new fence, landscaping, patio furniture and cabana (which will replace my sad shed). Hard to believe that one month ago it was just a yard!

• gal_thursday
    13 years ago

Wow, looks great! Love the tanning ledge. How long did the whole process take?

We are also in Purcellville and looking for a PB. Have talked to a few so far. Would love to hear more about your experience!

• to-the-beach
    Original Author
    13 years ago

gal thursday - Thank you, we are really happy with it! We opted for a smooth flagstone on the tanning ledge to avoid the cracks that often appear on exposed plaster after the winter. I am really glad we went with it. The entire pool build took exactly 4 weeks...now the permitting process was a different story. I don't think Purcellville will put you through what we had to go through in Fairfax! If you'd like to know more about what we liked and disliked about our PB, feel free to e-mail me. kellishobe@hotmail.com

• joanneswimsct
    13 years ago

Wow! Gorgeous! I love the water color as well as the steps in photo #3 of the finished product! Elegant!
    Joanne

• sharoncbrn
    13 years ago

Congrats the pool looks great.

• tigergirl28
    13 years ago

Looks gorgeous!!

• havinanotherin2010
    12 years ago

Your pool is beautiful!!!

What size is your tanning ledge- it looks great! Also love your water color- what plaster did you go with?

We should be swimming by next weekend and getting excited!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus