Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newpoolrcca

Pool planning questions

NewPoolRCCA
9 years ago

I am just starting the pool planning process in Southern California and am trying to get some more information before I start talking to builders.

I have already decided on a 15' x 35' gunite pool with a 12' or so baja shelf and an automatic pool cover. We have small children and I imagine we will get a lot of use out of our large baba shelf. I know I dream about it just for myself!

Will a suction-type pool cleaner be enough since we'll have the automatic pool cover? What about a heater? We would like to use it year-round. Assuming a salt-water pool is ok with the automatic pool cover, I understand they can be cheaper (in the long run) than a manual chlorine system. How might hard water effect these systems and their ability to maintain proper levels? Is there anything else that I will have to be aware of because of our hard water?

I have no idea about the number of returns, drains, skimmers, etc. or their placement. Should i just rely on the pool builders for their guidance on these?

I realize no pool is 100% maintenance free, we just want to make things as easy as possible!

Thanks!!

Comment (1)